How To Bypass MEGA's 5GB Download Limit

NutGuy

Oct 11, 2020
Recently I've seen a lot of people voicing annoyance at MEGA's 5GB download limit, there is an easy fix ,however. Using , a client that is used to download/upload files from MEGA in a convenient fashion. Add your MEGA account to the account tab and to bypass the limit, simply go into settings, and enable the setting labeled: SmartProxy, after enabled this setting input proxies in the box below. Once your MEGA download/upload limit has been reached, MegaBasterd should automatically switch proxies allowing you to download/upload more than 5GB in a 6 hour time span. Go nuts.

isomail

Sep 30, 2017
What i have been doing was when the limit is reached, i would simply turn off and on my modem and refresh the page. Then i click resume. That seem to do the trick for me.

NutGuy

Oct 11, 2020
What i have been doing was when the limit is reached, i would simply turn off and on my modem and refresh the page. Then i click resume. That seem to do the trick for me.
That didn't always work for me, besides it is a hassle because my modem is down a set of stairs from my PC, this trivializes bypassing the limit so I thought I'd share the info.

xReoK

Jun 6, 2020
Thank you for sharing this quick fix sir. I have been looking for a way to bypass the limit since NOPY shut down.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
works when works, got to 97% when dling stopped and after some tinkering by program progress dropped to 57% and has stayed on it past 30 mins.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Just get a VPN, you should have one anyways. The cheapest ones are like 2 or 3 bucks a month. Transfer quota reached? Switch server. Problem solved.

Reactions: Carrera

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so updated mb's jdk to newer version and it stopped working so does this really need "bit" old jdk version?

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
Just get a VPN, you should have one anyways. The cheapest ones are like 2 or 3 bucks a month. Transfer quota reached? Switch server. Problem solved.
Bestest fastest and smartest way to solve this.

If you're not already using a vpn anyway, you're doing it wrong. All of it.

Gordon4321

Dec 4, 2017
It is pretty easy even without VPN. If you use Windows, first you open the command line- click the "Windows" button, type "cmd" and hit the "Enter"- button.

In the cmd-window, you type first:
ipconfig /release (then "Enter")
After that, type ipconfig /renew (then "Enter")

This will generate a new IP adress for you!