How to change font and size in RPGM VX?

Apr 6, 2020
There are a few games that I want to translate for myself, but the problem is that when I try to translate from Japanese, the letters are too wide or too big, very little text fits into the dialog boxes, it looks bad on the eye. I found a guide on YouTube how to change:
We are looking for the line "Main", then in it we enter the following - Font.default_name ["fontname"] and also Font.default_size 14....
As a result, the game accepts commands, but the font does not change, neither the size nor its style. I suspect that perhaps the style is inscribed in some third-party script, but I also could not find it, I suspect that I am doing something wrong, knowledgeable people, can you advise how to fix the problem with fonts?

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
You are just setting the default font with that command but some games use multiple fonts and sizes manually set inside the code in multiple places. So you might have to open all game files to find every place that the developer is defining and using different fonts to replace everything.

Apr 6, 2020
You are just setting the default font with that command but some games use multiple fonts and sizes manually set inside the code in multiple places. So you might have to open all game files to find every place that the developer is defining and using different fonts to replace everything.
Well, as I suspected, I would have to search in a bunch of scripts for the lines I needed, although I had already searched several times and did not find it, most likely I was looking badly, of course. It's really there because the dialog box has been changed, it's just that the color is different. I mean, I saw in the background settings that it was set to blue, but in the game it is green, which means that the chances that all this is written in one of the scripts are extremely high, I will look better.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I will look better.
Just a tip, not sure what you are using to check the game files, but if you have them decrypted you can always use something like Visual Code to do a complete folder search (ctrl+shift+f) and look for text inside all files at the same time.

Apr 6, 2020
Just a tip, not sure what you are using to check the game files, but if you have them decrypted you can always use something like Visual Code to do a complete folder search (ctrl+shift+f) and look for text inside all files at the same time.
I didn’t know about it, I use it the old fashioned way, I try to translate difficult and desirable moments through the RPG maker itself.