Daz How to clean "MyLibrary"

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Hi there,

i know, if I would use the Content-Manifest i wouldn't have this problem. But I have, as i tend to keep control over my harddisk, so this is not an option.

Usually i install all of the content for Daz Studio by extracting the Zip-File and copying the files manually to where they belong.

Now, when i delete ONE assett it's easy. Going into DATA, PROPS (or PEOPLE), RUNTIME....and delete the files.

But how to clean up my Library when i'm going to delete several items?

Is there a tool recognizing that there are some orphane files in DATA and RUNTIME when e.g. deleting only the files in CHARACTERS?

Thanks in advance.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hi there,

i know, if I would use the Content-Manifest i wouldn't have this problem. But I have, as i tend to keep control over my harddisk, so this is not an option.

Usually i install all of the content for Daz Studio by extracting the Zip-File and copying the files manually to where they belong.

Now, when i delete ONE assett it's easy. Going into DATA, PROPS (or PEOPLE), RUNTIME....and delete the files.

But how to clean up my Library when i'm going to delete several items?

Is there a tool recognizing that there are some orphane files in DATA and RUNTIME when e.g. deleting only the files in CHARACTERS?

Thanks in advance.
Not that i am aware off.

But i am familiar with that situation. Don't we all hate it?

I haven't used the smart menu since i am using DAZ. I wonder if you can make a 2nd smart-menu?

Anyway, i wish there was something like that but most of the stuff i have doesn't come with manifest at all. So it's hard to find these items. The best way to find the item if you kept the archive and check what was where. That way you catch it.
Not sure if that helps but deletion is a very labor intensive task so i usually don't even bother anymore.

Btw. you should in the future make several folders perhaps by function or something down the line to it's easier to remove items or at least isn't a big deal then.

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
I found a workaround to get rid of installed packages without (!) searching thru several folders.
Especially with characters it could be a mess as they have zillion of files.

So, if you are also doing a manual installation and not quiet sure whether you'll keep them....keep the installation files and do the following.

- Unpack all the installation files into e.g. c:\temp
- Open Total Commander (or similar capable file manager) and on the left pane you set the DAS-MyLibrary and on the right pane the above mentioned temporary folder
- make a "file / Folder comparison" and after finishing the search switch on only equal files
- now delete these and you are thru

Took me 2 mins instead of suggested 30 the manual way by walking thru the thousands of folders....

Reactions: coffeeaddicted