How to compress Zip files

TheCrahker

May 13, 2022
Hi
I wanted to know if i could compress a 3gb zip file containing mp4 files to 500mb or something
if yes how

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I wanted to know if i could compress a 3gb zip file containing mp4 files to 500gb or something
Yes, maybe, no ?

There isn't definitive answer to your question, because it depend of the videos, and the compression algorithm, as well as as its configuration, used to create the original zip file.
But globally speaking, if the initial zip file need 3GB, you'll never be able to lower the size down to 500MB. 2.9GB, perhaps 2.5GB if the compression was really loosy and you correctly tweak the new one, but not really more.

Reactions: TheCrahker

TheCrahker

May 13, 2022
Yes, maybe, no ?

There isn't definitive answer to your question, because it depend of the videos, and the compression algorithm, as well as as its configuration, used to create the original zip file.
But globally speaking, if the initial zip file need 3GB, you'll never be able to lower the size down to 500MB. 2.9GB, perhaps 2.5GB if the compression was really loosy and you correctly tweak the new one, but not really more.
oohk thanks for the reply i wanted to know this very badly