Daz How to convert "strange" poses for M8/V8 to G8M/G8F

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
I have some interesting poses for M8/G8 which have a weird behavior on G8x

When applying the pose to a character, the pose itself is right, but it wants to set a texture to subparts, too. In fact i receive some errors that special M8/V8 files cannot be found (what is true, as i don't have them) and now comes the real strange thing.
As it tries to set a texture - e.g. to "G8 Male Genitals" - it adds this object to my character, what look ugly as you might guess.
When setting 2 or more poses in a row, i have 2 or 3 G8 Male Gens "in" my character. And i do not use G8 Gens at all but Dicktator.

How can i avoid having this part added automatically, or should i convert these pose files to G8x pose files? Is there a converter? Haven't found one.

Thanks in advance.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021

When applying the pose to a character, the pose itself is right, but it wants to set a texture to subparts, too. In fact i receive some errors that special M8/V8 files cannot be found (what is true, as i don't have them) and now comes the real strange thing.
As it tries to set a texture - e.g. to "G8 Male Genitals" - it adds this object to my character, what look ugly as you might guess.
When setting 2 or more poses in a row, i have 2 or 3 G8 Male Gens "in" my character. And i do not use G8 Gens at all but Dicktator.

How can i avoid having this part added automatically, or should i convert these pose files to G8x pose files? Is there a converter? Haven't found one.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like they're hierarchical pose presets, not regular pose presets. Afaik those are baked into the Duf file. You may be able to stop it by using Control-Freak (hold the control key when double-clicking to load it), I can't remember since I don't use pose presets.

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Sounds like they're hierarchical pose presets, not regular pose presets. Afaik those are baked into the Duf file. You may be able to stop it by using Control-Freak (hold the control key when double-clicking to load it), I can't remember since I don't use pose presets.
Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately not.
Even when holding CTRL the additional parts will be inserted, only the error messages (saying not finding some jpgs) are gone.

Hm....:unsure:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if I understand.
Apply the pose, remove unwanted part, and re-save as pose preset?

Reactions: mickydoo