How to create a 3D or 2D Hentai game

Drawning

Feb 27, 2019
Hey, Ive been a web programmer for a long while but I also want to make an Hentai Simulation Game. Ive been thinking about creating it with Godot but i am uncertain about the following things:
How do i get / make the assets, ive tried 3d modelling and its really hard. Should I use placeholder and hope that someone eventually helps me?
Is godot a good game engine to create this?
Any other Advice you guys can give me?

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
There are websites that have 3D models for sale (and often for free). I like to use but there are probably better sources out there. Personally, I don't mind paying a few bucks for a model that is close enough to what I want.

But if you're going to make something using 3D, you're going to need some proficiency working with it. Even if you use an off-the-shelf model it's not going to perfectly match what you need or animate in the way you may want.

If I were you, I'd download any free character model and play around with it in Blender (or similar) and Godot. Just to figure out the basics and get the ball rolling. You need to get your feet wet.

I know I cant be picky, but my issue is that i absolutly hate daz 3d.
It's ok. You're not alone. They're quite bad and I wouldn't use them either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drawning

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
First to answer OP:

You can look into blender add-ons that would allow you to load Koikatsu / Honey Select models, which in turn would allow you to edit them and save them in other formats to load inside Unity or Godot.

It's still going to be tricky but it is expected considering you are looking for quick shortcuts for work that is profesionally done by separate teams of multiple people (3d modelling, animations, programming)

It's very difficult to find any information about the NSFW part of the development or how to create or put NSFW inside the game...
Regarding this one, I have seen similar questions asked before in a similar phrasing and I don't really get what answer are you looking for.

"How to create NSFW sprites and animations?"
Well how do you create regular sprites and animations ? but sexier and sometimes naked.

"How to create NSFW gauges or stats ?"
The same you would create regular gauges or stats in a game

From a technical standpoint there should not be anything in an NSFW game that it wouldn't also be found in regular games and there are plenty of tutorials for a lot of things out there.

JakaiD

Dec 26, 2018

To get you started. You will probably want to install Blender since models might not be exactly what you want and need fixing or modifications to mesh, rig, etc.

> how to create or put NSFW inside the game

Depends on your game. You need to decide what role NSFW wil play in it and build a game around that.

> Is godot a good game engine to create this

As good as any other. Depends on your skill with the tool.
For some tasks Unity might be easier (working with VRChat models for example), or even Unreal for detailed models.

Feb 7, 2021
First to answer OP:

You can look into blender add-ons that would allow you to load Koikatsu / Honey Select models, which in turn would allow you to edit them and save them in other formats to load inside Unity or Godot.

It's still going to be tricky but it is expected considering you are looking for quick shortcuts for work that is profesionally done by separate teams of multiple people (3d modelling, animations, programming)

Regarding this one, I have seen similar questions asked before in a similar phrasing and I don't really get what answer are you looking for.

"How to create NSFW sprites and animations?"
Well how do you create regular sprites and animations ? but sexier and sometimes naked.

"How to create NSFW gauges or stats ?"
The same you would create regular gauges or stats in a game

From a technical standpoint there should not be anything in an NSFW game that it wouldn't also be found in regular games and there are plenty of tutorials for a lot of things out there.
Actually my question is, for example, do artists always make their own art or do they import assets? I've heard that there's a way you can import genitalia assets, do they do that or... And if they make their own art, how do they insert it into a game? I know these are questions that require a long and perhaps complex answer, but I wanted to explain myself, thanks!

JakaiD

Dec 26, 2018
> do artists always make their own art or do they import assets

Artists can make their own art if they are able to do it. Many devs are not artists and depend on 3rd party solutions like asset stores, DAZ, etc. to create the art for the game.

> I've heard that there's a way you can import genitalia assets, do they do that or.

Import into what? The game engine? Into some art tool?

> how do they insert it into a game

It depends on your game engine but it will be exact same process as the other art of the game. I guess I do not understand the part you are not grasping about the process of making art for games so I'll just write some stuff here in relation to 2D since that was what you're previous post was about.

Your character will probably have a clothed and unclothed states. For unclothed state you simply draw (or import into image editing software the parts if that is what you have) the penis or breasts or whatever parts are needed and it all gets exported to be used in the game engine.

If you making frame based animations then each frame of the sprite's animations needs to be drawn (or rendered if you make sprites via for example DAZ). if it is a nude run cycle then the needed extra body parts are just part of the frames same as clothes would be for a clothed character.

If you use skelatal based animation (think live2D for example but there are other options in game engines ) then you export the body parts seperate and rig and animate in whatever method is needed - but this depends on the tool you use so not gonna explain further on this. Just google live2d to get idea what I'm talking about.

But ya. .the genitalia is not some special use case, it is handled same as all your other game art like face, body clothes, etc.