How to create environments ?

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
Disable CPU from settings and have GPU only selected.
hi i hope you can help me now .
i switched to render with 3Delight engine and i used tool to convert iray shaders to 3Delight
i took about 1 hour to finish the render but the render doesn't contain any color

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Just a small note from someone who's barely done anything in Daz...

A common issue I've noticed other people talking about is hair... and how sometimes things go wrong if the primary character is moved around within an environment.

The general advice (and please, someone correct me if I'm wrong) is to position your character within Daz at the origin point (0,0,0) and then move the environment into position around your character. Not the other way around. It might sound harder to do it that way, but apparently it can avoid a mass of headaches.

Since you're just starting out with environments, I figured it would do no harm to suggest something which might make your life easier in the future.
It's critical that you apply hair to the model in the correct position. Once the hair is applied, you can freely move the model around the scene.

Reactions: 79flavors

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
actually you make me feel worse your game are awesome
so how do you render scene ?
I do not, not in the typical way.
You can read some backstory here:

I still have a nvidia, so I can use iRay but I can only render simple stuff in lower resolution within DAZ3D, not really suitable for a game project.

My other projects have been 2D and I have another new side project which is done by using Koikatsu.
You can still make games, even 3D ones, your GPU is simply not suitable for rendering, that is all.

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
I do not, not in the typical way.
You can read some backstory here:

I still have a nvidia, so I can use iRay but I can only render simple stuff in lower resolution within DAZ3D, not really suitable for a game project.

My other projects have been 2D and I have another new side project which is done by using Koikatsu.
You can still make games, even 3D ones, your GPU is simply not suitable for rendering, that is all.
Hi again can you help there ?

Theard