How to do wonders with your Daz renders

Ruri_s

Sep 6, 2019
Hi friends,
Have you just started to learn Daz or have you been stuck with some issues that make your art average? This is the place to be.
I want to help you create your own brand.

. Share with me the problems you're working on.

Some of my creation below.

Wild wind v1.40.png.denoised.jpg

Last edited:

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
Yes! a couple questions

How do you decrease your render time
How to do you stop clothes on your character from cutting inbetween their bodies
Any tips on lighting
Any tips on moving characters for poses

Ruri_s

Sep 6, 2019
Yes! a couple questions

How do you decrease your render time
How to do you stop clothes on your character from cutting inbetween their bodies
Any tips on lighting
Any tips on moving characters for poses
Hi friend,
Great questions. In fact the very same that caused me endless headache when I started. I will try to answer this in a more detailed manner. But as starters:
a) have the mindset of a director: What are the things you truly need? Consider removing all the objects not required in the shot. Same for technical details like render resolution and HD textures.
b) a fast and effective way is the build in slider for smoothing and collision. A more advanced one would be to use a spot render so that you get the 'cloth version' and mask it over the 'skin poking out' version. Multiple skillsets are good to have.
c) my favorite one, its too long and complex and the best one I can give you right now; if you're starting Studio, understand the usage of HDRI, shoot your scenes outdoors until you get sick of it then move on to shooting inside a building and then learn the limit of HDRI. Also related to render time, and outdoor scene lighted only by HDRI and an infinity cove is the fastest thing to render.

It's also good to have the understanding and comfort that even skilled artist does not have a super nice promo art right out of DS. Here's one of my latest work. Good luck and keep working on it.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I've been wondering about trying this stuff. Just for fun. Not really sure how expensive it would get though. I don't wanna dump money in something I end up dropping in less than a week.

Ruri_s

Sep 6, 2019
I've been wondering about trying this stuff. Just for fun. Not really sure how expensive it would get though. I don't wanna dump money in something I end up dropping in less than a week.
You will like it. Just try it out first. If you doubt your technical skills, just take a look at this video and see how fast you can cook up a render.

Reactions: TomberryDude

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
You will like it. Just try it out first. If you doubt your technical skills, just take a look at this video and see how fast you can cook up a render.
Thanks I did download daz3d and fucked about with it for 20 minutes, I have no idea how anything works.

Ruri_s

Sep 6, 2019
@tonberry:Try to visualize it as an empty videogame universe. You need a hero, right? That's your Genesis 8 character. Your stage is the free DM Memorial. The universe has no light too, so you need to put it in (by default DS use the HDRI as light).

@notthea: I wish you luck with your storyboarding. Do you use any specific tools to do it, or just some powerpoint?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
@tonberry:Try to visualize it as an empty videogame universe. You need a hero, right? That's your Genesis 8 character. Your stage is the free DM Memorial. The universe has no light too, so you need to put it in (by default DS use the HDRI as light).

@notthea: I wish you luck with your storyboarding. Do you use any specific tools to do it, or just some powerpoint?
Currently I'm using MS Project, Excel, Word, OneNote and I have it all backed up in OneDrive (I sound like an ad for Microsoft!) I'm also using Dropbox as a failsafe. Visio is quite good for branching.

Ruri_s

Sep 6, 2019

Hi everyone, happy new year 2020. I wish everyone with renewed energy to improve upon their hobbies. If you're also on a journey to work on the physical self, then let me know which youtube channel youre on, then we can encourage each other. I'm trying to hike 3 times per week, hoping to continue this for at least 100 days (30x hikes).

And thanks for clicking on likes and stuff, appreciate it all.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
c) my favorite one, its too long and complex and the best one I can give you right now; if you're starting Studio, understand the usage of HDRI, shoot your scenes outdoors until you get sick of it then move on to shooting inside a building and then learn the limit of HDRI. Also related to render time, and outdoor scene lighted only by HDRI and an infinity cove is the fastest thing to render.

It's also good to have the understanding and comfort that even skilled artist does not have a super nice promo art right out of DS. Here's one of my latest work. Good luck and keep working on it.
1. What does HDRI mean? sorry for the late reply but I loved everyone of your answers!

2. How did you make those two pictures (before & after) so different- what was the change?