Ren'Py How to Enable Developer Console for Games Without An Options.rpy File

Apr 21, 2018
So I know there are some utility mods here that does that, but everytime I try the game encounters errors. Running the games also do not generate an options.rpy file after launch.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reactions: bigblackcock666

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Never had any problems with:

Katgza

Nov 4, 2016

I have been using UnRen.bat and I haven't found any problem.

Apr 21, 2018
What game is it?
I had problems with Love and Submission. There's no options.rpy file and while I could enable the dev console by just copying the code into a new options.rpy file for other games like milf city, it didn't work for that game. And every time I start it, the game shows errors.

Anyways I found another mod that worked out. Thanks for the suggestions though, UnRen.bat seems far more light-weight than the one I was using. I should try it out sometime.

U

User_10739

Your file doesn't need to be "options.rpy" to enable the dev console. Some games use an options.rpy for other variables so you may end up screwing it up. You can call it anything like say slipperynipple.rpy and drop it in your game folder and it will do what you want. I used mine on LAS and it worked fine.

This is what I use, I drop it into my game's root folder for every ren'py game that I play and then choose "extract here"

It will enable dev console, rollback, and transparent text box with outlined white text.