How to export from Daz, animate, and import back to Daz?

Jan 29, 2024
Hey all. I need a method of animating and exporting it to Daz for our AVN. Yes, I know that doing everything in Blender would be ideal. Many a commenter has told me that. I am not, however, going to move all of my assets to Blender and retexture them, all that. If I do that, we'll be releasing our game somewhere around 2030. So my question is: What is a viable method that you have used for exporting characters, animating them, and importing the animations back to Daz? About 90% of them will be sex animations.

I am looking to create my own stuff and use a render farm to render it.

I've put too much work into character, environment creation, and renders to move everything to Blender and start over. It needs to go out from Daz and back into Daz. These are going to be custom animations, nothing canned.

Thanks in advance for any answers to my question.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
How much research on this have you done yourself?

My understanding is that what you are asking for is one of the most complex things that can be done for Daz creators. As such you will find very few experts, and even fewer who are willing to teach noobs the step by step.

Anyway, Let Me DuckDuckGo That For You (lmgtfy is so 2010s):

Export from daz and animate in blender

import back to daz:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
As such you will find very few experts, and even fewer who are willing to teach noobs the step by step.
I haven't really gotten into digging into Blender animating due to lack of time, but I was lucky enough to be friendly with a dev who got the information from another person. Still haven't gone too deeply into the process at all, so I couldn't explain it at the moment (on top of being request not to publicly).

I've asked a number of people how and either got super vague answers or no reply at all. I think a big reason for it is the people who know how to do it are either A) making AVNs and don't want more competition in the animation department, or B) are people who get paid by devs for the process and don't want to lose money by sharing it.

As for NoobAVNDev77: and his/the NSFWBlender discord are going to be the best place to start. They've got GD links with all kinds of NSFW Blender tutorials.

Jan 29, 2024
How much research on this have you done yourself?

My understanding is that what you are asking for is one of the most complex things that can be done for Daz creators. As such you will find very few experts, and even fewer who are willing to teach noobs the step by step.

Anyway, Let Me DuckDuckGo That For You (lmgtfy is so 2010s):

Export from daz and animate in blender

import back to daz:
I've done some research and haven't found the answer. That's why I said the thing about Blender. I don't even know if anyone's ever done it with Daz since I've never seen it.

I bought a subscription to Cascadeur and am trying to familiarize myself with the interface again because I like the autopose and secondary motion features, though animating two figures in close proximity can be a little messy because of all the nodes. I was able to export it back though. That was like a year ago so I have to relearn.

One of the things I've heard about exporting a figure with genitals in Diffeomorphic is, "Good luck importing it back". Someone told me the genital morphs change, so I don't know if it will be usable. So that's my main concern when I see sfw tutorials.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Exactly as MissFortune said that echoed what I did, it seems to not be common knowledge. Maybe you could follow up any interviews or similar with some of the common Daz animation creators. Or try the developers discords. I'm have no experience or knowledge around this area, so all I can say is best of luck.

AlternateDreams

I'm tired, boss.
Game Developer
Apr 6, 2021
There is this plugin :

I haven't tested it, but the last time I came across it, people said it wasn't perfect but it worked. See if it's what you're looking for.

It also seems to me that some people use the BVH format to export from Blender to Daz. But I think there are also flaws (the result is not totally identical to what you have in Blender if I remember correctly).

I've never done anything like that myself. I think the best thing to do when you start getting out of Daz is to stay out.