How to find games in anime art style?

Jan 26, 2019
Hey guys, Im fairly new but I really tried to check the whole forum before asking.

How to find games with anime/hentai graphic and not the "real 3d" looking ones? There is suprisingly a lot of games with kinda real graphic.
What I mean by anime looking are games like Artificial Academy 2, Harem High School, R-Life, Monster Girls, Monster girl Island 3d and such.

The prefixes are not solution from what I understood as RenPy can be "3d realistickly" looking game and also Anime/hentai looking game. What am I missing?

Thanks!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Hey guys, Im fairly new but I really tried to check the whole forum before asking...
I don't think there is any way to exclude just games using Daz 3D, the realistic style you don't want. If no one knows any better you may have to just browse using the page and do it manually by eye.

Reactions: passerbyR34

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
The prefixes are not solution from what I understood as RenPy can be "3d realistickly" looking game and also Anime/hentai looking game. What am I missing?
Assuming that u're looking for anime-ish 3DCG, then u could limiting ur question with Illusion's product like Honey Select, Koikatu, and PlayHome based games.
Why question? Because there's no tags to differentiate between the "real life 3D looking" DAZ3D and the "anime-ish style" Illusion, so u could simply go to game recommendation & identification sf and ask for it.

But for the time being, maybe u wanna take a peek into my signature.
Have fun and enjoy ur stay :D

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
A suggestion I can give you is "Harem Hotel" but yes, you will have to go by eye as there is no "anime" tag.

Surgemon

Aug 15, 2018
Hey guys, Im fairly new but I really tried to check the whole forum before asking.

How to find games with anime/hentai graphic and not the "real 3d" looking ones? There is suprisingly a lot of games with kinda real graphic.
What I mean by anime looking are games like Artificial Academy 2, Harem High School, R-Life, Monster Girls, Monster girl Island 3d and such.

Thanks!
Your best bet is to go to "Latest Updates" and search for the tags "2dcg" AND "japanese game". However for some reason not many people at all mark the games as japanese game when they should be.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...search for the tags "2dcg" AND "japanese game". However for some reason not many people at all mark the games as japanese game when they should be.
Pretty sure the Japanese tag is for the games country of origin, not the style.

Also the games on pelikannadruhou2's list aren't 2dcg, they're 3dcg (as they're 2d but rendered in a 3d engine I guess) and some are full 3d. The problem is you might filter out Daz but it'll also removes a lot of the games they might want to see too.

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Yeah just like the others said, no way to differentiate beetween games made with an engine like DaZ and another one with an engine like honey select or Koikatsu.
I do think it would make a good addition to tags to add another tag with the graphic engine, at least to differentiate with a more realistic one or anime one, and another tag with drawings.
All I can say is good luck in your search, and you can always ask in game recommandation !