Ren'Py How to find the main girl from games such as, DMD, Melody, etc?

666rosebug

Feb 8, 2019
I see her model used in several games in different engines, I was wondering if any one knew exactly where to find her? I am currently looking to learn how to develop an erotic game such as the ones on this website and was wondering if she is available some where on the web for use? Have the DMD assets been released on here? I am unsure how to find them.

Sorry if this is the wrong section!

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker

666rosebug

Feb 8, 2019
Thank you Phanex, I was able to find them with a bit of extra searching. There are threads of people who already did all the homework on it, and have links for all the assets used to create her :) thank you again !

Reactions: Phanex

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Thank you Phanex, I was able to find them with a bit of extra searching.
If I might suggest... You might consider creating your own custom character. Not that you can't use some of the other stuff as a base, but your game might appear just a touch more creative if you twiddled some of the knobs to come up with a character that's vaguely similar, but distinctly different from, what somebody else has created...

Just my $0.02.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016

666rosebug

Feb 8, 2019
If I might suggest... You might consider creating your own custom character. Not that you can't use some of the other stuff as a base, but your game might appear just a touch more creative if you twiddled some of the knobs to come up with a character that's vaguely similar, but distinctly different from, what somebody else has created...

Just my $0.02.
You are right I am best off trying to create my own stuff and find my own styles, I wanted to start off with something I was already familiar with through playing the games found on here to learn and mess around with for practice :)

Reactions: $@~

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
You are right I am best off trying to create my own stuff and find my own styles,
Agreed. A lot of people build games just using "stock characters." Straight out of the box, no mods. Perfectly effective, but it doesn't take THAT long to do some "knob twiddling" to come up with something that's just that bit different. Either that, or use one of the Renderosity characters instead of the same old Daz3D characters over and over.

I wanted to start off with something I was already familiar with through playing the games found on here to learn and mess around with for practice :)
Oh, completely understand the "start with a base" approach. Aside from knob twiddling, another thing you can do to give a character a different "look" is to use the head and body from one character (possibly twiddled a bit), but then apply the skin from another. It's amazing how a different skin will change the look of a character.

The other thing that really stands out for some of those characters is the particular choice of hair style. The one from DMD is used in a fair number of different games - I see it and say "ah, another non-creative type." There are SO many different hairs available, that using the same ones over and over... well, 'nuff said. Granted, it's just a "personal thing," but still, make the character your own...

Reactions: $@~