how to get a good render in daz 3d

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
hi i like to know how ppl get a good render and what settings you use in daz 3d render settings

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
If you starting there is few advices:

1/ use last generation of characters. Not because you can use their all functions, but because last generations have much better shaders for skins and all wrdrobe is better at default then previous generations.
2/ Where you can for most scene use dome lighting, because it is much faster.
3/ Use point lights
4/ Use DoF on camera lenses.

Jimbles

Aug 30, 2017
hi i like to know how ppl get a good render and what settings you use in daz 3d render settings
Practice. I know that's not particularly helpful, but unfortunately there are no magic settings that will create beautiful renders every time. I can however offer a few tips to get you started in the right direction when using Daz.
1) Use Iray and Iray shaders (materials) if available.
2) Use lots of light, Iray loves light. Intense lights create drama and contrast which keep your renders from looking dull. Too much light can create wash out though, so find a happy medium. I have a preference towards using panel lights and point lighting, but play with things to find out what you like the best.
3) Pay attention to the little things. Pokethrough and floating characters quickly take away from the quality of the render, no matter how well it looks.
4) To save time, render large and scale down. By creating a render in 1080 and reducing it to 720 or 2k to 1080 you can get rid of a lot of grain and fireflys produced in shorter render times.
5) Photoshop is your friend. Especially when first getting the hang of Daz.
6) Keep practicing. If you keep doing the same thing every time, you'll never improve, so watch tutorials, read forums, and experiment. Daz has a lot of features and settings, I don't fully understand all of them, and it can be overwhelming, especially at first. However, if you keep at it, and keep improving, you'll produce great renders in no time.

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
I think lowering the exposure time will help, but watch out for whitewashing. (so i heard)
But most of all.. be patient!
At least that's this 3 day DAZ-3d studio veteran's idea.