How to Get Better Looking Daz Characters

badcock

Jun 2, 2018
For a while now I have had an issue with the Demora Head morph auto loading into any new figure I was creating. So today I decided to fix it. I began by going to the folder "\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs" and moving every single file and folder (except the DAZ 3D folder) to another location. Then I opened a previously saved plain o' Daz character and recorded which morphs were missing. Then I moved all the morphs back to the Morphs folder except for the ones in the list.

Now when I open a previously saved character or try to recreate a character it's amazing how much they look like the reference photos. So all these morphs that are automatically loaded but set to 0 still impact the model. Anyone know how to fix these morphs so they do not auto load?

Here's my list.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DeviousDolls/Alyx/ePHMDDAlyxSmile.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 01.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 02.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 03.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 04.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 05.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 06.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 07.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 08.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 09.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 10.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 11.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 12.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 13.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 14.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 15.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 16.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 17.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 18.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 19.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 20.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 21.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 22.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 23.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 24.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 25.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 26.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 27.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 28.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 29.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Soft Expressions/Soft Expression 30.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Mouth Depth Out.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RFem/Ana B9/Analeine.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Rhiannon/JossG8/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Rhiannon/JossG8/PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Rhiannon/JossG8/PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/TMLI/Demona/FHM Demona.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/Flex/xFLXCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/FlexAlt/xFLXAltCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/alias_head_Z DAH G8F Drunk Laugh.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/alias_head_Z DAH G8F Drunk Silly.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/alias_head_Z DAH G8F Happy Drunk.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/alias_head_Z DAH G8F Headache.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/alias_head_Z DAH G8F Hungover 2.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/alias_head_Z DAH G8F Hungover.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/alias_head_Z DAH G8F Tipsy.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/Z DAH G8F Drunk Laugh.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/Z DAH G8F Drunk Silly.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/Z DAH G8F Happy Drunk.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/Z DAH G8F Headache.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/Z DAH G8F Hungover 2.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/Z DAH G8F Hungover.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z Drunk and Hungover/Z DAH G8F Tipsy.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/zoro_d/Kitten/Genitalia/!Tight Vagina.dsf

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
If a morph auto-loads, that usually means that it's been (improperly) saved with a non-zero default value. Occasionally products escape into the wild that way, or sometimes they're inadvertently modified by users.

If you've identified a morph that has that problem, you can fix it by editing the .dsf file. There is a "DSON Editor" product that will do this, but you can also do it by decompressing the file and fiddling with it yourself. (DAZ files other than .dse's are just JSON that's then been compressed. A package like 7zip will uncompress them, or there's a "Batch Convert" utility in Daz Studio that will do the same.)