Daz How to go about creating a second skin/skinsuit effect?

GiantThoraway

May 11, 2020
hello! I was hoping to get some advice from some Daz masters here. I’m working on a project and am a bit lost on how to achieve the effect I’m looking for. I’m attempting to make a skinsuit/latex mask type effect but am not entirely sure the best way to go about it. Essentially I want to recreate something similar to this:
C6446527-3936-4344-A08E-F177305AC97C.jpeg
(Credit to german390909360 on DeviantArt just FYI)

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: kkoolldd

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I try to give a simple explanation - the entire process is pretty complex but can be described basically like this:

You create a duplicate of the the mesh you want to work on and size it just a tad bigger than the underlying original. So in the case of your example you would take the 'head' and duplicate it and size it just slightly up to be on top of the original layer.

Now you can manipulate the used texture for skin etc on that duplicate. Depending on the morphs available to you you can either create that kind of effect you are looking for right away or will have to use something like blender to add some morphs to it. By using the right opacities etc you can then create the overall effect of a 2nd skin or mask etc

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Not a Daz master nor knowing the best way to go as I never tried, but I would fit a g8f clone on a g8f model with a tiny offset (or maybe a small push modifier?). That way you will keep g8 UV map to change/edit skin texture material on the fly, all your g8f morphs and hide any bodypart you want. Mesh grabber could be useful for skin deformations.

Not sure if it's within problem tho.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Totally forgot to mention the most important keyword that should help you to find some easy to understand for what you are trying to achieve:
The keyword you are looking for is 'geometry shell'. Its the feature content creators use to add dirt layers to clothing for example etc

Last edited: