Daz How to go about creating a skinsuit effect?

GiantThoraway

May 11, 2020
Hi, hopefully this is alright to ask here but I was curious if any Daz3D masters might be able to assist a relative noob (me) in figuring out how exactly to pull this off. I’m basically attempting to get an animation (or worse case scenario, a render) of a character with a skinsuit. Essentially something similar to this:
Thanks for any help or advice!

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
My guess, simulate physics.

Now I am not a strong daz user, I wimp out and jump over to blender, which has a dedicated physics simulation feature. for daz I think you want to research into dForce, and from what I know you can by some assets that are dForce ready, so you could search about that and how to apply it to objects. From what I've experienced in blender, there may be some issues. For example, you can't just simulate a rubbery skin, put it on the character and expect it to just work. The alien shouldn't collide with the skin, rather using a simplified invisible 3D model to interact with the object. For things like a simplified hook for the fingers, and a simple pole for a head. To get the mesh to look like it is fitting, you just have to fade out the simulation effect. I know daz is powerful, but I don't know if it can do this. Blender can sorta do this. either simulating and baking in the simulation, but in reverse, or by using adjustable weight maps to control the strength of the simulation and the character skeleton's control.