Ren'Py How to have 2 different choice menu positions.

Sylakone

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi Guys.

So I am Building my Model Friends game redo in Ren'py and since it has been quite a while since I used Ren'py I am rusty.
So the issue I ahve now is that I am trying to get a navigation map working to move to differnt rooms and so on.
I have been able to make a custom Screen usint imagebuttons and postiiont to make a workable map.
The problem is that when I show this screen players can just click anywhere other than the map buttons to move the script move forward which currently just ends the game.
My first solution is to simply add a Menu choice button with back or something.
The problem with that is that I want it to be at the bottom of the screen not in the middle like the normal game choices menu.
I am able to customize the position of the menu choices to the botttom but obviously that affects all menu choices.
I read an old tutorial that used a variable to choose the different postion but that does not work with the new styles system that ren'py use.

Do you guys have any idea how to either just make it so the dialogue box disapears and the only choice the player has then is to click a map button or have a way to determine 2 differrent posiions for the choice menus?

Cheers

Sy

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
My map works like this.
Code:
screen map:
    hbox:
        if Amy_Day == True:
            xalign 0.48
            yalign 0.65
            imagebutton auto "zamyhead_%s.png" action Jump("amysaga")
Then when I want to use it I just use call screen map that way you can only click on the image map icon, the if Amy_Day == True: bit is just to say, she only shows up if its true (It's set to hours of the day).

Reactions: Sylakone

Sylakone

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Thanks that worked lol. It is always something Easy.
I was accessing it by calling a label that has the screen commands
I did not know that call screen would work.

Cheers

Sy

Reactions: mickydoo

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The problem is that when I show this screen players can just click anywhere other than the map buttons to move the script move forward which currently just ends the game.
That's what is for. Just addmodal True at the start of your screen and the player will only be able to click on whatever is defined in the said screen.