How to import Char eyes into Daz Studio from bleander?

rb88

Sep 21, 2018
Some blender stuff like there eyes not showing up in 3d Daz? How make it happen thanks?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
You're going to have to be a LOT more specific than that if you expect anyone to help.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
By "specific" I mean, what were the steps you went through, what did you expect to happen, and what actually happened?

You transfer her into Daz how? Are the eyes parented to the figure? Is actually it the eye geometry that's missing, or is it just the textures?

rb88

Sep 21, 2018
Hi thanks for reply I'm still new at this. Yes the textures missing from the eyes. before that happen there like an box around her eye? Took alot work redo the eyes since the Texture color didn't show? If you wish I can send you the file threw pm? I went threw OBJ save from blender to Daz

rb88

Sep 21, 2018
I want these eyes some how to copy the object? I don't know how into Daz? This my pet project. The Plubic sex body was from inkbunny person who release to everyone for free. My dream is Get her to Daz which I did. But eyes came up with box like that other photo? lol It took me long while with out looking up how to and learn on my own as I go and backup too. My another go is put bones for her to move in 3d Daz That part I don't know? lol Unless someone can do for free for me? That be greatful lol. This blender photo of her current eyes.

rb88

Sep 21, 2018
By "specific" I mean, what were the steps you went through, what did you expect to happen, and what actually happened?

You transfer her into Daz how? Are the eyes parented to the figure? Is actually it the eye geometry that's missing, or is it just the textures?
Been quiet? Want me PM you the files threw media fire the rework on Judy Hopp? I just like see the eyes be back import in Daz. I'm still new to this. I'm in my mid-40s lol After that I need rebuild the fur on her into 3d Daz studio some how or the bones too on top so she can move?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Been quiet?
Sorry - I wasn't auto-following the thread, so those two replies that didn't mention me didn't catch my attention.

A box around something in Daz Studio usually means that it knows there's an object there, but it doesn't have the geometry for it. I'm wondering if, when you exported as OBJ, the eyes actually got included in the export. If they're separate objects in Blender, it depends on your Blender settings whether everything in the scene is exported, or whether only the object you have selected is going to be exported. That might be why they didn't transfer.

To rig the character, you're going to have to create the bone structure, and then "weight map" all the surfaces to the bones so that the mesh moves with the bones. Daz Studio has a "transfer utility" that will allow you to apply rigging semi-automatically which may help, but for that to work properly, you're probably going to have to scale the figure so that it's approximately the same size (and in the same pose) as one of the Genesis figures. If you're going to want to be able to move the ears, you'll have to create new bones for them and weight-map the ear surfaces to them manually.

Reactions: rb88