how to input saves into games

rydae321

May 23, 2018
how do you put saves other people give into the games so i dont have to start from the beginning , ie foot of the mountain i am unable to load the save i was given

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It's a Ren'py game, so as long as you put it into the "games\saves" folder and you name it like "X-Y-LT1.save", the game should be able to load it. X = page number, Y = slot number (usually from 1 to 6).

On a side note, RPG Maker MV games are trickier: you can't add a save just like that, you must replace an existing one.

assdassfer

Dec 27, 2019
how about compressed games?

how do you put saves other people give into the games so i dont have to start from the beginning?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It's a Ren'py game: download the file, rename it and move it into the "game\saves" subfolder (see what I wrote in my first post).
For instance, if you rename the file as 1-1-LT1.save, you must launch the first save on page 1.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Thanks that helped. Can you explain the difference between the auto saves and the regular saves.
As the name suggests, autosaves are automatically generated by the game (eg when there are choices to be made).
The regular ones instead are the ones made by you.
There're also quicksaves but they're almost useless imo and not all games have the button visible on the interface.