• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others How to make a good H-game if my English grammar is very bad?

SillyHotRPG

Mar 1, 2022
I'm a programmer (Unity [C# & Java Script], Tic-80 (Lua), Game Maker Language )
and an artist (pixelart, lineart, vector, blender 3D, classical animation)
but my English grammar is very bad and I haven't money to hire help.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have many game ideas for last 5-7 years (some corruption RPG games with deep corruption perks tree).
But I can't make a good RPG games without good dialogues.
So, I would like to ask for advice.

1) Are there good H-games almost without dialogues? Maybe good H-arcade or action games?
Maybe there's a good idea to make simple scroll shooter or evader just for first H-game...

2) I have a crazy idea to make the game about stupid land where all people talk like a wild caveman:"Me stupid!" "Me wanna eat!"
But maybe isn't so good idea for H-game... I not so sure about it.

3) Where a good place to learn an english grammar without money and an easy way?!

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
Short answer: yes, of course you can make H-games with little to no dialogue. I've played games with almost no story and I've played honestly great H-games that had terrible art. They happened to be good in other ways.

I've played a few games where the English weren't great and, I don't know, you can get used to it. It's like reading text with an accent. As long as the text is comprehensible and above that of a grade schooler, it's probably fine. I'm not a native English speaker either so maybe my tolerance is higher than that of a native speaker, so maybe take this with a grain of salt. You could also maybe ask an English speaker to proof-read the text once the game is done and get help with correcting the worst mistakes.

I think that for players to enjoy your game, you only need to give them something to enjoy, be it good art or gameplay or a strong, vivid fantasy.

That said, please understand that when you're targeting players in different countries, in different cultures, you shouldn't get too surprised or upset if they look at your game kinda funny because your sensibilities may not match theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SillyHotRPG

SillyHotRPG

Mar 1, 2022
Short answer: yes

That said, please understand that when you're targeting players in different countries, in different cultures, you shouldn't get too surprised or upset if they look at your game kinda funny because your sensibilities may not match theirs.
Really Thanks for the advice!

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
Why don't you try to find a writer? That would solve your problem and not limit you to using simple language or almost completely avoiding dialogs and descriptions.

• Thinking Face

SillyHotRPG

Mar 1, 2022
Why don't you try to find a writer? That would solve your problem and not limit you to using simple language or almost completely avoiding dialogs and descriptions.
I not sure about it because I haven't money at the current moment to hire a good writer.

Maybe I should to make arcade/action/platformer/shmup games (with RPG elements) at the first time.

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
You can still post a request for a writer in the recruitment and services section here. Just indicate it's unpaid and why and that should be fine. No harm in asking for help where people go to look for a project to work on.

• Thinking Face

SillyHotRPG

Mar 1, 2022
You can still post a request for a writer in the recruitment and services section here. Just indicate it's unpaid and why and that should be fine. No harm in asking for help where people go to look for a project to work on.
Thank You so much! I'll think about it!