How to make a Unity game compatibale with the MAC?

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
So bottom line is I wish to play the game Stationmaster in this forum however the dev has dropped support in creating mac versions of the game, and Wine tool dose not work in this program. So i am taking it upon myself to attempt to create a mac version any tips/programs on how to create it would be appreciated as google has offered little to no help.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
i don't really think you are able to do that, unless you have the game unity file.
so unless you work with them, there is no way you can do it.
(unless you are some pro hacker, if so you will not have ask this Q)
and did you ask the maker why they don't support mac?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
In theory it's doable - in practice a real pain, I suspect. The code the developer wrote for the game is packaged into a DLL that is implemented in C#, so it's in the Microsoft IL (and thus is the same on Mac and PC, so in theory could be copied from a PC build to a Mac build). And all the asset files are the same Mac vs PC. But how you'd go about creating a build and then arranging for those files to be in it, that could be a challenge.

EPAdultGames

Aug 18, 2018
I think the only way you can do this is if you have the original Unity project and switch it to build for the mac. Wouldn't it be less painful to just use bootcamp or Wine.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
You would have to test this to see if it is even viable, but it might be possible to simply grab the new game assets from the PC version, and overwrite the old game assets in appropriate place in the older Mac version.

I could perhaps test it out since I've done it before.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So bottom line is I wish to play the game Stationmaster in this forum however the dev has dropped support in creating mac versions of the game, and Wine tool dose not work in this program. So i am taking it upon myself to attempt to create a mac version any tips/programs on how to create it would be appreciated as google has offered little to no help.
Sorry for digging this up... but I need to ask: Were your little project successful or did it fail?

I'm planning to user-port a .exe to Linux (.sh) and also found a HOW-To-Do. But the instructions are not clear and mostly for Unity versions 4 and 5. So, I don't know if it will work for a game build with Unity2018...

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Sorry for digging this up... but I need to ask: Were your little project successful or did it fail?

I'm planning to user-port a .exe to Linux (.sh) and also found a HOW-To-Do. But the instructions are not clear and mostly for Unity versions 4 and 5. So, I don't know if it will work for a game build with Unity2018...
I have attempted to make it work, but I was unable to make it work. Luckily the dev decided to release a mac version in the end after I kept bringing it up :coldsweat:

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have attempted to make it work, but I was unable to make it work. Luckily the dev decided to release a mac version in the end after I kept bringing it up :coldsweat:
Lucky you! thnx for the reply!