How to make a website for a game but still be anonymous

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
Hi everyone.
I'm pretty close to having a game ready for public release and I was thinking of different ways of marketing the game. Here is the question not about the effectivnes of the website, but about how to it without revealing your identity?

How can I get a domain for a website without revealing my real name? What is the easiest way to host a website it is pure HTML? And what is it a PHP web site? I really don't want to invest to much time into it, but I just want to know of any possible good options. Thanks!

Reactions: Techno11244

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I really don't want to invest to much time into it, but I just want to know of any possible good options. Thanks!
Then find a blog hosting service that accept adult content. You'll be anonymous, it will cost nothing, and you'll have nothing more to do than writing the content of the blog itself.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

basnalex

Jan 29, 2018
Then find a blog hosting service that accept adult content. You'll be anonymous, it will cost nothing, and you'll have nothing more to do than writing the content of the blog itself.
This is probably your best bet. If you want to host a site, you are going to have to purchase a domain name and hosting of some sort. There are extra services like WhoIsGuard that can help mask you to the public, but there will always be some connection to you through payments.

If you are planning on using the site for marketing you will most likely need more than just a basic HTML website. Without knowing specifics, I can't really give you anymore details on a framework or cms to use.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
You dont actually have to register the domain to your name. Theres nothing stopping you from registering it to a made up name or company. It's done more than you think. As long as you pay to keep it registered it wont go anywhere.

As far as hosting there are a billion adult hosts out there and for the kind of traffic youre talking about you can pick whatever adult hosts LOWEST tier of hosting. Your website wont do in the next 20 years what one TGP or vid site etc do. Youre hoping for 10's or 100's of people looking at a few pictures... at one time my sites were doing millions of uniques a day with complex cgi/perl/c++ running on the server for each of those...

HTML is a language.. what most of the internet is written in. Theres also dhtml and sites that have very little html and apps and languages etc contained within. Dont worry about all that. You need a basic website.. probably built with some website builder program or a script. This site for example is generated on the fly via server side software.. im guessing written in something like perl or c++. You dont need that

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It's done more than you think. As long as you pay to keep it registered it wont go anywhere.
You should read the Terms of Service more often. Almost all registries say it clearly, if you provided false information, you'll loose the usage of the domain. If you want to provide false information to the registar, you'll have to pass by one that register the domain to its own name, or take the risk to loose everything without notice.

This site for example is generated on the fly via server side software.. im guessing written in something like perl or c++.
I'm pretty sure that use PHP and JQuery, like the vast majority of any web sites nowadays. There's no more C/C++ in front end, as for Perl, for someone who don't have a strong knowledge in CGI writing, it's like putting a blinking neon sign with "please deface me" wrote on it.
Anyway, view the number of (freely or not) available front end nowadays, writing is own one is limited to specifics needs, which is far to be the case here.