How to make an interactive video menu in Renpy?

zenergyblack

Mar 29, 2022
Let me explain, what I want to do is that a text or button, it doesn't matter when I press it activate a video and it plays, but if I hit another button another one starts to play, until I hit the exit button and I can continue the game normally (it is important that when you press the button if you press for example: 1 2 then when you press 1 you play the movie of 1 again)

I have thought about doing it with jumps but I have tried several ways and it does not work for me every time I do it I can press the button but even if I press a previous button I cannot play that movie again.

A little help?

sorry if my english is not very good.

1659481076149.png
like this.

Last edited:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Post your code, I think I know what you may be doing wrong but I need to see your coding.

zenergyblack

Mar 29, 2022
Post your code, I think I know what you may be doing wrong but I need to see your coding.
1659484881269.png 1659484893208.png

In the part of the script in show screen menu interactive I was trying several loops without luck.

I can't give you more because I deleted it and I've left it that way temporarily while I think of solutions, I tried with if and while but without result, maybe I applied it wrong.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Where you have show 1 show 2 show 3 etc you need to either hide all the other ones or use scene instead, which causes another issue.

Python:
label blowjob:
    hide 2
    show 1
    $ renpy.pause(15)

label titjob:
    hide 1
    show 2
    blah blah
Unless someone tells me different too, you only need to write

pause 15

Reactions: zenergyblack

zenergyblack

Mar 29, 2022
Where you have show 1 show 2 show 3 etc you need to either hide all the other ones or use scene instead, which causes another issue.

Python:
label blowjob:
    hide 2
    show 1
    $ renpy.pause(15)

label titjob:
    hide 1
    show 2
    blah blah
Unless someone tells me different too, you only need to write

pause 15
It has worked , thanks.