VN Ren'Py How to make draw or 3D for RenPy game without knowledge

jeananonymous

Mar 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

i play VN since one or two years and now, i would like to make one by myself.
I've learned how to use RenPy but now i should add image to my game and the thing is that i dont know drawing or making 3D art.
Is there some easy software to help me to create scene ? What can i do ?

Im pretty knew in this can you help me ?
Thanks

Ader344

Feb 7, 2021
There is a ton of software that can make you a 3d scene with models, you can do that in GMOD, you can do that in SFM, you can do that in Blender, and you can do this in god knows how many tools for 3d posing. Pick your poison. I think also it will depend on requirements of renpy for image size and details like that, but beyond this, you can choose anything you want. I suggest to look up "Posing tutorials" in GMOD/BLENDER/SFM. For 2d sprites you can use a generator of anime girls/boys, there is a generator online that can create random 2d sprite of anime girl (like "make girls moe" site). It looks a little bit rough since it is ai generated or something, but you can smooth it up a liitle bit in photoshop as well as make it into different poses if you good in photoshop. I also heard about VROID STUDIO, but not sure how good is it for your purposes.

i'd use gmod since im more familiar with it, but it is of course has boundaries in terms of graphics, it's a source engine after all.

Last edited:

jeananonymous

Mar 23, 2020
thanks for the answers,
the thing is that i got 0 knowledge int art. I dont know photoshop too.
GMOD seems to be old and blender really hard.
I would like something like i can choose character dress them as i want and put them in position needed for the scene.
Is SFM something like that ? Do you get a link ?

Aristro

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I recommend starting with DAZ Studio. Watch a few guides and you will figure out rest...

Ader344

Feb 7, 2021
Is SFM something like that ? Do you get a link ?
SFM - Source Filmmaker. If you want to try it, download on Steam. It is designed for animation but also frequently used for posing and creation of cool scenes. You can also use Iclone - it is a relatively simple tool for character creation and can be used for animation and posing.

Ader344

Feb 7, 2021
ok thanks i will try this, in your opinion who is the easiest for a first game ?
idk, i never tried most of them except for gmod and SFM (and some iclone), if you want something for starters try to do Iclone, DAZ Studio or VRoid (those are easiest ones in my opinion ). When you will feel like you are ready for more serious stuff you can try then SFM. I advice to try VRoid if you are doing anime style since it's good for character creation and exporting models from it thats what i heard. If not then Iclone.
Overall iclone fits your description perfectly, it has ability to add scenes and stuff, and to dress characters.

Also, there's mirage studio ( ) not sure if it's avalaible right now though

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
"How to make draw or 3D for RenPy game without knowledge"

There seem to be quite a few games on this site where the developer did not let lack of knowledge stop them!! :ROFLMAO:

(just a joke, i actually :love: any developer who is brave enough to release anything)