How to make Golden Palace for G8M work with G8.1M?

prismatix

Apr 2, 2018
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Golden Palace for G8M -- specifically the material copy script -- to work for my 8.1 guys, and as far as I can tell, it never got an 8.1 patch like GP for G8F. I've tried switching UV maps to female to use the G8.1F patch (the "mats copied" dialogue pops up but nothing actually changes), manually loading the torso maps onto the graft (sorta worked once, but with obvious seamlines, mismatched glossiness, and it didn't cover the whole graft; couldn't figure out how to replicate it, anyway), and loading it onto a G8M model and re-parenting it to the 8.1M model after applying the scripts (only works if I'm not using an 8.1 skin). I'm a DAZ newb, so it feels like there's something obvious I must be missing. Thanks in advance, y'all!

ETA: solved!

Last edited:

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Try this script...

You do the regular steps #1 and #2 in your normal GP folder, then look on the drop down in the folder pane and at the bottom should be one that says Genesis 8_1. Run the script in there with your character selected and it should copy the 8.1 Mats to your shell.

EDIT: this is the male version of that patch. Both of them are on the forum here somewhere, but it's only 15 kb so i just attached it.

Reactions: prismatix

prismatix

Apr 2, 2018
Try this script...

You do the regular steps #1 and #2 in your normal GP folder, then look on the drop down in the folder pane and at the bottom should be one that says Genesis 8_1. Run the script in there with your character selected and it should copy the 8.1 Mats to your shell.

EDIT: this is the male version of that patch. Both of them are on the forum here somewhere, but it's only 15 kb so i just attached it.
Thank you, you're a lifesaver!