How to make head mask

ZaWarudo

Apr 5, 2021
I want to make a mask that cover head fully in blender for daz3d. But i don't know where to start or look. Basically i was searching for nearly a week and i want to learn how to make something for genesis 8 models. Can someone link me where can i learn how to model masks for daz3d using blender? Thanks.

1647691914323.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Erm. I'm not sure I get it.
Import you model in blender.
Crop the mesh except the head.
Model the mask around head.
Export back to Daz as obj/fbx.

There is plenty of tutorial/thread how to go back and forth with Daz/Blender.
Now if it is how to scult a mask around a head mesh it's another thing.

Reactions: ZaWarudo

ZaWarudo

Apr 5, 2021

So i should look for importing models to blender, and sculp a mask around head mesh?

ZaWarudo

Apr 5, 2021

Hey, i found that my daz to blender bridge add on doesn't work. So if i were to do anything in blender, can i use them afterwards in daz? Do i need to models, can i work without them? Would there be any problem with fitting it to the head?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Hey, i found that my daz to blender bridge add on doesn't work. So if i were to do anything in blender, can i use them afterwards in daz? Do i need to models, can i work without them? Would there be any problem with fitting it to the head?
A working and fonctional pipeline will be a better if you take that path, should be the first thing to figure out. But yeah a mesh is a mesh, you don't need model per se. That said working with correct scaling and head proportion/reference will make sculting easier, save you time in the long run imho (for exemple create a slightly bigger copy of your head mesh reference and start to scult/deform over it).

Last edited: