Daz How to make Light Sets follow character?

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
So I have one of those light set kits you get in the store. It works perfectly when my character is at origin or default position. But when I move the character somewhere else then I have to again adjust the lighting which seems messy and time consuming.

So is there any way I can make the light sets follow the character as I move her. A light set would have like, Key light, Rim light or Soft light.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Put the figure and all of the lights into a group and move the group itself around.

But you normally want to set your lighting up in a way that lights the scene, but realistically follows the characters. Think about it. If you're standing in front of a window and the sun is coming through that window, will the sun follow you if you move to another window? No. But the light from the sun is going to bounce of the floor/walls/etc. Which is still iluminating her, just not in the same way.

Reactions: immortalkid69

jt400

Mar 9, 2019
something I do sometimes is to "create a new null" and place it by the characters head or feet (or default if the character has not been moved) and parent it to the character.
Then parent the lights to the null.
If you move the character the null and lights will follow.
If you move or rotate the null, the lights only will move.