How to make moving enemies in rpg makers

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Hello so i learnt how to make renders and now i am looking for game engine to use, Well i tough i would be easy using rpg maker mv but i want those moving npc that u can fight and after the fight they disapear. All i can find on youtube or google is the tutorial on thos ramdom encounters and i dont want that. Any help maybe? :D

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
what exactly is the question? do you want to make non-random encounters? then you need a trigger. do you want to know how to create these moving enemies? you need to make these little grids that all characters use with the enemy from the front, back and both sides on them.
it's been a while so I'll probably not be a big help, but knowing what exactly you want to know will probably help others to help you. There's also a big rpg-maker community forum out there in the wild web ;)

Reactions: KissKissStudio

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
what exactly is the question? do you want to make non-random encounters? then you need a trigger. do you want to know how to create these moving enemies? you need to make these little grids that all characters use with the enemy from the front, back and both sides on them.
it's been a while so I'll probably not be a big help, but knowing what exactly you want to know will probably help others to help you. There's also a big rpg-maker community forum out there in the wild web ;)
yes i want to make non random encounters :D and after i defeat them and exit the map, come back they respawn again that is my question :D its like for grinding purpose. But i really dont like those ramdom encounters they kill the vibe for me :D

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
yes i want to make non random encounters :D and after i defeat them and exit the map, come back they respawn again that is my question :D its like for grinding purpose. But i really dont like those ramdom encounters they kill the vibe for me :D
as I said, you need a trigger for that, that can be a cell on the map that the player has to enter, or touching the enemy that is on the map already. you can find tutorials on how to do that in the rpgm forums and I guess on youtube as well.
you can also change the frequency in which random encounter happen btw.

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
I know
as I said, you need a trigger for that, that can be a cell on the map that the player has to enter, or touching the enemy that is on the map already. you can find tutorials on how to do that in the rpgm forums and I guess on youtube as well.
you can also change the frequency in which random encounter happen btw.
well i did that but after i won againts him he didnt disapear :(