How to make renpy games?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
2453a5d1683c2bfda3f9e366136d84f5.jpg

If you want to learn what makes a car go, take a look under the hood.
the same goes for games and visual novels. open one up and look inside

EnsenL

Jun 10, 2017
How do I make models like from FILF?
Just a tip from me because I did the same as you. Don't try to learn multiple programs at once. Practice and learn how to efficiently code in Renpy before you move to another thing. This will keep you organized and won't overwhelm you. Renpy is pretty simple to understand and won't talk too long to get a basic grasp of it. There is a demo game on Renpy. You can get a brief understanding from that. Although looking at tutorials is overall best. You don't want to rush into making a dedicated game at first. It's better to learn the skills first so you don't overcomplicate, clutter and make the script easily understandable.

But to answer your question most 3d models are made using DAZ3D. I can't really say how to make models similar to FILF as I am horrible at that lol.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Don't try to learn multiple programs at once.
And start by the one that seem the more complicated to you. While learning a new skill is never a bad thing, there's nothing more frustrating than learning a skill, just to discover that you can't do shit with the other needed skills. You've seen your hope raise with your growing understanding of the first skill, and suddenly they are crushed in small pieces because you aren't able to proceed the next step.
And like there's many way to do the CG (Daz3D, one of the many Illusion's Studio, The Sims, and others), it's probably learning how to make a game with Ren'py that is the effectively blocking skill.

Piter Georg

May 4, 2017
Good question,
most likely you will need people with similar views and ideas.
Even if you have programming skills without a good story and vision or vice versa will not achieve anything. If you have any personal idea just share it with others, don't worry. About Renpy programing and Python code, it is a means/tools to achieve your goal. The question sounds like how can I produce vegetables, sorry me.​