Daz How to make skin or skin along with clothes deform upon contact with any object or body part like hand etc?

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
So imagine a scene where a man is squeezing a woman's butt. Is there any way to make it look like her buttcheeks are getting deformed by his hands in a realistic way?

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Mesh grabber for Daz.

Sculpting it in zbrush with the GOZ Daz zbrush bridge is pretty straightforward.

Daz to blender, sculpt it and bring it back to Daz with morphloader for the most cumbersome route.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Mesh grabber for Daz.

Sculpting it in zbrush with the GOZ Daz zbrush bridge is pretty straightforward.

Daz to blender, sculpt it and bring it back to Daz with morphloader for the most cumbersome route.
Of the three options, which gives the best results without too much time consumption?

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Of the three options, which gives the best results without too much time consumption?
Mesh Grabber is probably the easiest but least accurate as it's not really sculpting.

Zbrush is the industry standard sculpting tool and with Daz bridge is the most convenient, but costs $.

Blender is free but getting your char from and to Daz is the most time involved out of the three.

Between Blender and Zbrush, how good your results will be is based entirely on your ablility to sculpt the ass grabbing deformation. If you sail the high seas, I'd recommend going the Zbrush route and spending a day wrapping your mind around the alien UI. It's worth it in the long run though and you'll also be able to sculpt new custom morphs for your chars rather than solely relying on Daz morph libraries.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Mesh Grabber is probably the easiest but least accurate as it's not really sculpting.

Zbrush is the industry standard sculpting tool and with Daz bridge is the most convenient, but costs $.

Blender is free but getting your char from and to Daz is the most time involved out of the three.

Between Blender and Zbrush, how good your results will be is based entirely on your ablility to sculpt the ass grabbing deformation. If you sail the high seas, I'd recommend going the Zbrush route and spending a day wrapping your mind around the alien UI. It's worth it in the long run though and you'll also be able to sculpt new custom morphs for your chars rather than solely relying on Daz morph libraries.
so if i am going the zbrush route, I will have to import both the chars right?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I inport them using Go Z or whatever it is called (in daz its file - send to z brush). To get two characters in you have to parent one character to the other. Once in Z brush you can alternate between the two.

I have no idea how import anything into Z brush the export/import route.

BUT.......
Its not as easy as it sounds, there is like three of us on this forum that use Z Brush, I have never seen a question directly related to it, and that reply I gave you about Go Z is as technical as I really can get, like most things I just fudge away assuming I am doing it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: immortalkid69

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
It really depends on what you want to achieve.
If you work on a single render (ie don't really care about the rig) or want to send back edited morph to your DS figure, whish is radical different workflow. Second one need absolutely to keep the vertex order (you can scult with more SubD but don't apply it before export). Imho that's the main thing to decide before anything else.

Ofc if it still works like this, it's been a while.