How to Market?

ErospaceGame

Dec 2, 2017
Hey there,

I'm currently developing an adult game, but finding it really difficult to get attention to my Patreon. I'm finding the marketing side of this tricky, since I can't reach out to personal contacts. Any advice for a newbie?

Reactions: Viznity

insertzero

Jun 2, 2017
Well... for starters you should place a Link of your patreon here. Might help. After that, simply add a nice looking picture to your signature. And start participating on the discussions. Should help on the long run.

ErospaceGame

Dec 2, 2017
I needed to post a bit before putting the up, but here you go! I'll start a new thread with one as well.
Thanks for your advice!

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Find forum communities that would be interested in your game and posting it there. Here's a great lit of adult gaming community websites and image boards:

Reactions: Celestial Novel

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I needed to post a bit before putting the up, but here you go! I'll start a new thread with one as well.
Thanks for your advice!
Once you have a demo, you can post it on this site using this template:
You can post it in General Discussion or Game Requests. Once the post is complete, notify a moderator so they can review it and move it to the release section.

ErospaceGame

Dec 2, 2017
Once you have a demo, you can post it on this site using this template:
You can post it in General Discussion or Game Requests. Once the post is complete, notify a moderator so they can review it and move it to the release section.
Wow, this is all really helpful! Thank you!

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
If you are an avid pervert internet browser, I think you already know which site to market your own game. Just expect to be pirated, but that the cost of living in internet and free marketing. Lot of players play your games FOR FREE and like it, some who have money will eventually support yours. Short or Longer times to get mass supporter, no one can expect that, but surely, if your content is bad, I don't think you can progress that far. So focus on making quality content games for ADULT, not horny teen, your fans and donator comes automatically.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Just expect to be pirated, but that the cost of living in internet and free marketing.
I'll even go further. It's both part of the success and the reason of this success. The more pirated your game is, the more people will know about it. And like Benn said, if the quality is here, the more you'll find people ready to give you some money.

Reactions: Mad King and Sihil

ErospaceGame

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks anne and Benn! At this point, I think we could use the extra publicity from pirates haha, once we get the demo up. All of us are amateurs, but we're pretty dedicated to our crafts, so hopefully that comes across in the game; we want to take our audience seriously and not talk down to them. We've put real effort into the art, story, music, etc. Thanks for all of your feedback!

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I'm add another ... even though what I wrote above, your obligation is to yourself and your Patreon. Some "free" player in here sometime think they own your game, but they didn't. Your Patreon however, is your customer, so please them by accept their request through voting, BUT, things that not affect the main story. A good input (can be polite or harsh critic) from "free" player can be considered, but don't worry too much with negative one, in fact, don't hear them at all, it just emotionally tiring.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

ErospaceGame

Dec 2, 2017
That's actually really encouraging to hear; it's hard not to take everything too seriously when you're just starting out. Thanks again!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Well, once again I agree with @Benn Swagger . It's your game and you MUST take pleasure to do it.
So, one last important thing, never ever try to please everyone. Don't try to conciliate different positions, especially when they are opposed. Some creators have tried this, all of them have quit the market, sometime because of a mental breakdown.
Prefer to loose supporters than to loose your own health and life.

ErospaceGame

Dec 2, 2017
Really good points. I'd like to think that we have a creative vision that we plan to stand by. Hopefully people like it, and of course there's plenty of room to improve, but at the end of the day we'll stick to our vision :)

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
I echo the sentiments above. Embracing piracy seems like a wrong turn but it is inevitable. You can either get worked up about people stealing your game or you can accept it and focus on the people who want to support you instead.

Sornee

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
I've recently started my own game as well... take it from me that it can be frustrating when newer games have more Patrons/supporters, or you don't feel like you're getting enough love for the time and effort you've put in. Just keep at it though. From what I've seen, the more updates, the more frequent, the more support. It'll take time to build a fan base and you have to have enough content in your game to hold people's interest. As when mentioned already, you also have to enjoy what you're doing. I have to remind myself that it's a fun hobby that I do and IF I get money for it, cool. If not, I'd probably be doing it anyway.

- Sornee