Daz How to Modify a Clothing Adjustment/Morph in DAZ?

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
I've been slowly dipping my toe into DAZ after not being satisfied with the Illusion games, and thus far I've been slowly getting a hang of things. I've now come across something beyond the reach of the skill set I've gathered thus far. In simple English terms, what I want is simple. In this test scene I have a schoolgirl bouncing up and down on the protagonist's dick. And what I want is to move the tie up and down in rhythm with the girl bouncing.

dazzz.png

Unfortunately though, the adjustments/morphs on the flirty tie are only for simple things like fitting different styled shirts and what not, so they don't offer the range of movement that I need to get the wanted result. So how would one go about trying to make this change in DAZ? Or does anyone know a schoolgirl tie/big ribbon that already has this functionality? I'd appreciate any help I could get. If I can get the tie bouncing then that would make me so damn happy as that's a huge, huge, huge fetish for me (thank you schoolgirl JAVs).

Last edited:

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
you can use a program that's called Marvelous Designer but you have to pay for it

here how to use it

Reactions: harem - king

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
One way to do this would be to add a "deformer" to the tie. Position and size the deformer's "field" so that it affects the part of the tie you want to move/stretch/whatever. You can then animate the position/scale/rotation of the deformer itself along the timeline.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I think a simple solution to get a "realistic" movement might be to add DForce to the tie, so you can simulate the natural movement of the tie by following the movement of the animation.

Select the tie in "scene tab", and in "edit > objet" select to add dynamic dforce.

Then go to the "surfaces" tab... there will probably be several "parts" of the tie, make sure that the collar of the tie has a dforce strength of 0, so that it won't move that part during the simulation.

If you need to force a more "abrupt" movement of the tie when going up you can use this utility:

NOTE: Please note that when using this system (like other realistic physics simulation systems) instead of using parameters, it's more complicated to loop the animation, as you cannot control that the start and end are the same. This is usually solved by creating a longer repetitive animation and then editing the frames in a video editor, as sooner or later some of them will match, lol
On the other hand, the result is much more realistic :ROFLMAO:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Another possible simple solution could be to add "Fit Control", as it will give you a lot of control parameters over the tie... you will have to test if any of them match the movement you are looking for.

And as mentioned above, "Mesh Grabber" is also a good and simple alternative.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you all for your input thus far, so very helpful in pointing me to different places.

So far I've tried Mesh Grabber and while I was able to to more or less position the tie how I wanted it in one frame, that same position carries over into all the frames and once I make a change to one frame they all will change, so I'm not sure how I could get it animated with that, but I could be overlooking something simple.

I've been fiddling with Marvelous Designer and it really is a neat program. One big issue I'm having though is that as soon as I hit "simulate" the tie completely falls off as if it wasn't tied at the not. I've stuck some pins there and have had some success getting close to position I want, but once I export the OBJ file and try to use Morph Loader Pro with that OBJ it'll either give me an error message about geometry not being consistent so no morph was made (about 75% of the time) or the morph itself won't result in anything like how I had it positioned in Marvelous Designer.

I'm not sure how I would go about with a 'deformer' but I'll look online and see what I can find if the other stuff I'll try doesn't work.

I will go ahead and try DForce method and Fit Control next. Thank you all for your kind responses and help.

Last edited:

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Does DForce come with Daz Studio or is it a separate plugin download? I don't see anything under Edit -> Object -> Add Dynamic DForce. The only mention of DForce at all in the edit menu is under Edit -> Geometry -> Add DForce Modifier Static/Dynamic Surface. Is that how I add DForce? I clicked dynamic but don't see anything in the Surface tab regarding dforce strength

dazDForce1.jpg

dazDForce2.jpg

Last edited:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Does DForce come with Daz Studio or is it a separate plugin download? I don't see anything under Edit -> Object -> Add Dynamic DForce. The only mention of DForce at all in the edit menu is under Edit -> Geometry -> Add DForce Modifier Static/Dynamic Surface. Is that how I add DForce? I clicked dynamic but don't see anything in the Surface tab regarding dforce strength

View attachment 728075

View attachment 728076
Yeah, sorry, I forgot about the Geomery sub-menu :p
You have applied it well, now in surfaces, in the parts that you don't want to move, you have to change the value of "Dynamics Strenght" from 1 to 0.

To use Fit Control you just have to select the character (with the clothes on) and apply the script; then when selecting the clothes you will see the new parameters in the "Fit Control" menu.

Maybe, to make things easier, the best thing is that you use Fit Control or DFormer... this way you will be able to loop the animation more easily since you can control its parameters in the first and last frame... with DForce you can't do this, and as you have seen, neither with "Mesh Grabber".

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Well, DForce basically made the tie completely unravel and fall off. I think it's the same issue as with Marvelous Designer, only here I'm not sure how I can pin the tie to stay attached. Fit Control (and the addon) had maybe two or three different morphs that I can use to touch up when I get to the point where I can be super anal about how something looks, but doesn't have the level of mobility that would be needed on its own

I've got something super, super rough but at least it's not just laying static. So far Marvelous Designer has shown the most promise in terms of getting what I need done. I just wish it had some sliders and it wasn't completely click and drag.

I've been looking at other neckties/ribbons that I might be able to use instead since the flirty tie isn't the best, but so far haven't found much. Does anybody savy happen to know what necktie that Katie is wearing in this outfit?

Last edited:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Well, DForce basically made the tie completely unravel and fall off. I think it's the same issue as with Marvelous Designer, only here I'm not sure how I can pin the tie to stay attached. Fit Control (and the addon) had maybe two or three different morphs that I can use to touch up when I get to the point where I can be super anal about how something looks, but doesn't have the level of mobility that would be needed on its own

I've got something super, super rough but at least it's not just laying static. So far Marvelous Designer has shown the most promise in terms of getting what I need done. I just wish it had some sliders and it wasn't completely click and drag.

I've been looking at other neckties/ribbons that I might be able to use instead since the flirty tie isn't the best, but so far haven't found much. Does anybody savy happen to know what necktie that Katie is wearing in this outfit?

That tie goes up and down, in and out, you have to use the geometry tool to delete the shirt is all. Let us know if you can't work out the geometry tool.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you for that link. I was able to progress quite a bit quicker thanks to the adjustments/morphs on that tie. And thankfully the top itself was subdivided by regions so all I had to do was use geometry tool right click, select the "tie" region and then right click again and delete all non-selected polygons and that got rid of the shirt quickly.

Updated progress...

Reactions: mickydoo