How to open nw.Json games?

Irukandji

Mar 23, 2018
I was able to play nw.json games while there is an error pop-up recently... but now it just straight up black screen with a big header. Can someone give me some tips on how to fix this...

Thanks ...

Untitled.png

Edit: There is some text that appearingbut it's "black"font color same as BG
Error msg:
Browser not supported by WebGL.....
gdemf/www/js/rpg_managers.js:1833:14) Function.SceneManager.initialize (chrome-extension://nibelfacfogddgeailndbjomambgdemf/www/js/rpg_managers.js:1814:10) Function.SceneManager.run (chrome-

Tried solutions but failed:
- Downloading latest nw.js from official website and migrating the game files.
- Turn off anti-virus.
- Remove Browsers and run the game alone.
- Run as admin and remove restrictions.
- update chrome, turn on Hardware acceleration

Still not giving up and every tips/advice is welcome~~~~~~~~

UPDATE SOLVED!!!!!!!
Simply update your graphics driver and it now works... no error pop ups

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Download from the official site. Be sure it is the right one for your operative system. Choose the SDK version.
Unzip it, copy the folders "www" and "hints" and the file package.json from the game, then launch the exe.
If you still have errors, press the F12 key and inspect the Console tab. It should tell you what went wrong.

Irukandji

Mar 23, 2018
Download from the official site. Be sure it is the right one for your operative system. Choose the SDK version.
Unzip it, copy the folders "www" and "hints" and the file package.json from the game, then launch the exe.
If you still have errors, press the F12 key and inspect the Console tab. It should tell you what went wrong.
Didn't work.... Though thanks for the advice

I did inspect the console tab... But it only shows a black screen

Reactions: scrumbles

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Not sure what the issue is, it works fine on my machine.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Didn't work.... Though thanks for the advice

I did inspect the console tab... But it only shows a black screen
This is going to sound incredibly stupid but here me out. Do you have a web browser open when you try and launch the game? The reason I ask is there is a warning on the Steam store page about playing the game with a web browser open at the same time and I also had the same problem myself and the moment I closed chrome and launched the game without chrome open it worked. I added the except from the steam page below:

⚠ Island SAGA runs on RPGMaker MV, which performs very poorly when you have a browser running! ⚠

Aside from that try tweaking antivirus. I have seen issues like this happen when the game is being blocked by AV.

Reactions: Irukandji

Irukandji

Mar 23, 2018
This is going to sound incredibly stupid but here me out. Do you have a web browser open when you try and launch the game? The reason I ask is there is a warning on the Steam store page about playing the game with a web browser open at the same time and I also had the same problem myself and the moment I closed chrome and launched the game without chrome open it worked. I added the except from the steam page below:

⚠ Island SAGA runs on RPGMaker MV, which performs very poorly when you have a browser running! ⚠

Aside from that try tweaking antivirus. I have seen issues like this happen when the game is being blocked by AV.
Didn't work... I restarted my computer and booted the game alone.... still black screen

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Didn't work... I restarted my computer and booted the game alone.... still black screen
Does your computer meet the minimum specifications to play?

MINIMUM:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: 2+ GHz processor
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Not an integrated video card; DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU
  • DirectX: Version 9.0
  • Storage: 6 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Installing on a SSD is strongly recommended; Close browsers and other programs before running the game

Reactions: Irukandji

Irukandji

Mar 23, 2018
Does your computer meet the minimum specifications to play?

MINIMUM:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: 2+ GHz processor
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Not an integrated video card; DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU
  • DirectX: Version 9.0
  • Storage: 6 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Installing on a SSD is strongly recommended; Close browsers and other programs before running the game
Every specs in my system is above the minimum except:
Windows 8 PRO
DirectX version 11
Using HDD

Maybe my OS is the problem... I'll upgrade on windows 10 when I ran out of options.