Tutorial How to play every games on macOS

Hedwin

Oct 29, 2017
Hello !

Today, I'm gonna teach you how to play every games on macOS.
I didn't try UE games
Unity games should work
RPGM games are working perfectly
Ren'py games should work, but you just can follow this tutorial without doing mine : https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-create-a-mac-version-of-any-renpy-game.3289/

"So, what do I need before starting ?"

- You need the last version of CrossOver by codeweavers here : (Select trial version)
- You need a PlistEditor, like this one : (Trial version too, I don't think you will need it again)
- You need to follow my instructions !

After downloading and installing CrossOver, you'll get something like that :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's telling you that this is a limited trial version, and it will stop working in 25 or 30 days (Mine is 721 days, I'm going to teach you how to extend it)
Click on "try CrossOver"
Then quit it.

Next, open Finder, click on "Go" then "Home"

You should have something like that :
Click on library > Preferences and then search for com.Codeweavers.CrossOver.plist
Open it with thePlistEditor you downloaded earlier, find the "1st run date" and change it to whatever you want:

Now, open CrossOver again, and the trial version should be extended.

If you like what I did, I'll think about doing a tutorial for CrossOver, but there is plenty of tutorials on google.

If you want to support the developers, buy the software.

I hope that my english wasn't so bad !

Last edited:

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Crossover is just a commercial version of the open-source .
There are .

If you need a MacOS GUI app, you can ignore the hoops needed to deal with a commercial app by using either or .

Reactions: Hedwin

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Thanks for the info a lot of Unity games don't work with Mac using Wine but this seems to fix it.

Nov 1, 2018
Hello there!
I'me trying to play Glamour on Mac for 6 moths and Crossover doesn't work. Like the App "launch" but there is nothing appearing.
Anyone have tried ?

Okok42690

Nov 8, 2023
The crossover developers seem to have patched this hack. now if you set the date to anything that's even 1 second in the future they tell u that ur trial has expired. however its still possible to have an infinite trial, if you just change the date every 14 days to the current date and time (giving you another 14 days of free trial). hope this helps anyone thats wondering why its not working like intended.