• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial RPGM How to play most RPG Maker MV games on iPad

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
How to play most RPG Maker MV games on iPad

In this guide ill assume you know how to extract RPG MV games and know how to modify .js files

First of all the things you need.

#1 Supported iPad
#2 An app that allows offline websites (I use "Offline Pages Pro" from the appstore, which is a paid app)
#3 If your going with method 1, (I use "freac - free audio converter" free .ogg to .m4a application)

Before moving the game onto the device we will need to modify the files a bit. There are different ways we can handle it, its up to the user on how they will handle it.

But first of all make sure the games is extract so we can access the \www folder and its .js files.

The first method is converting all audio files to .m4a and replace them with the original files in \www\audio\ i have no idea if the audio will play, because honestly i never play these games with sound. after replacing remember to delete the old files so they wont take up space.

tl;dr
Unpack game
Convert audio files from .ogg to .m4a in \www\audio\
Move .m4a to correct audio folders
Delete .ogg files
Hope it works

The second method is by delete the audio folder. By doing this we need to modify one of the game core files. which is \js\rpg_manager.js, what we need to do is replace some of the functions in the file so that when the game calls for the audio to play it will just send to an empty function.

Before modifying rpg_manager.js make a backup of it.

replace everything between
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can copy and replace the functions from below but i sugguest you manually remove everything from every function between the two tags, and use the example as a guideline

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After replacing/removing everything that needs to be removed save the file and test if the game works.

tl;dr
Unpack game
Delete www\audio\
Backup rpg_manager.js
Remove everything in between the AudioManager and SoundManager functions (see spoilers for examples)
Save
Test if it works, if not try again

If it works we can now move the game onto the iPad
I will assume you use Offline Pages as your chosen app to play the games.
first connect your device to your pc or whatever you use, open the shitty application iTunes and go to filesharing on your device. Drag the \www folder of your game into the Offline Pages app, wait for it to complete once done open Offline Pages on your device and test if the game works.

tl;dr
Connect device
Run shitty iTunes
Go to filesharing
And drop the \www folder of the game onto the Offline Pages app

All saves are placed at the same location so you can most likely expect to see a save from game x in game y. This method should also work with any html games, without the need to modify anything at all.

Games i have working:
Code:
Anna Exciting Affection
Cohabitation
Fallen ~Makina and the City of Ruins~
Fallen Princess Lucia Story
Kamikaze Kommittee Ouka RPG
Kotoko is a Little Different
NTR Knight's Story
Princess Go Round
Special Operations Unit - SIGNAL FORCES
The Hunter
Thunder Steel Raiouger
Thunder Steel Raiouger was done using method 1, everything else was method 2

And that should be it, i hope it works for everyone, feel free to give me feedback on what to improve or if i need to add something. If my instructions isnt very clear please tell me what i can do to make it easier to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrOtherGuy and umwm

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
very great way to explain things, and so much effort. Thank you so much for this, shame it got little attention. I got one question tho, does this work on iphone?
I havnt tried it, but i dont see why it wouldnt work

Last edited:

Akio69

Nov 5, 2020
Does it still work in 2022? Since the app cost ¥1200 I’d like to make sure before buying it.

lala5614

Jan 26, 2019
I tried offline pages pro (Bough it), and did method 1 and method 2 on a new RPG Maker MV project with literally Nothing in it just 1 map and character that are in by default.

Exported the game as a "Web browsers" version and as an "Android/iOS" version.

Both did not work and kept saying "TypeError null is not an object (evaluating 'this._renderer.render')" on an iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 16.3.1)

Not a coder so not sure if above can be fixed by altering codes somehow or if I am missing something that OP did not mention.

Edit: On other part, a similar app called on app store (also paid) worked nicely for most RPG MV games (Guide). (No need to convert them or change audio format, you just need to close and relaucnh app again for game control to appear each time)

Last edited: