HOW TO PROMOTE MY GAME

Amorous Dezign

The Lewd Creator
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Banner.jpg
Hey everyone,
I've just recently posted my game and all I do is answer my fans posts on my game thread. I'm such a noob when it comes to forums and this is my very first forum account. I am looking for ways to interact more with my fans and spread the word on my game. Could you give me some suggestions on what to do.
Thank you

telotelo

Dec 22, 2017
non-exhaustive list:
*go here ask for sigs, apply it and (maybe) link it to your game thread
*bind the patreon with your f95 account so it'll be visible under your profile
*set-up discord or other socmed channel
*post and reply regularly (maybe)
and much more (because i forgot most of it)

just remember that in here most of people you interact to is prolly the one who want free stuff
your 'fans' could be a (little) portion of it and will 'appreciate' you accordingly

good luck with your game
nice artwork (y)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
- Upload your game where you can. Gamejolt and Itch.io are a start. Gamcore, might be worth a look if you have thick skin. Same for FAP-Nation.
- Make a Twitter account, post some updates, teaser images, or just random stuff you've rendered, and take advantage of hastags. Follow other devs, communicate, etc.
- Reddit. Post your game on some of the lewd reddits (be aware that a lot of the only take your patreon links, however.)
- Slushe and DeviantArt for posting stills is pretty easy promotion, especially the latter as it has a massive userbase.

Reactions: Amorous Dezign

Amorous Dezign

The Lewd Creator
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Tha
non-exhaustive list:
*go here ask for sigs, apply it and (maybe) link it to your game thread
*bind the patreon with your f95 account so it'll be visible under your profile
*set-up discord or other socmed channel
*post and reply regularly (maybe)
and much more (because i forgot most of it)

just remember that in here most of people you interact to is prolly the one who want free stuff
your 'fans' could be a (little) portion of it and will 'appreciate' you accordingly

good luck with your game
nice artwork (y)
Thank you for your help. I need a big fan-base so I can maybe get a small fraction of them supporting me on Patreon, this way I can sustain my production.

Amorous Dezign

The Lewd Creator
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
- Upload your game where you can. Gamejolt and Itch.io are a start. Gamcore, might be worth a look if you have thick skin. Same for FAP-Nation.
- Make a Twitter account, post some updates, teaser images, or just random stuff you've rendered, and take advantage of hastags. Follow other devs, communicate, etc.
- Reddit. Post your game on some of the lewd reddits (be aware that a lot of the only take your patreon links, however.)
- Slushe and DeviantArt for posting stills is pretty easy promotion, especially the latter as it has a massive userbase.
Good to know, thanks.
Man this promotion and social networking stuff is harder than making the actual game o_O

SnowDev

Sep 24, 2021
I'm in the same boat as you! I've found a lot of the engagement with my game came from reddit. One of the bigger subreddits would be r/lewdgames. Happy deving!

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Amorous Dezign
A little late to the thread but anyway...

First congrats for your game, haven't played yet but looks great.(y):love:

You should take a look at since he is the master in promotion.
Your patreon page is also your advertisement page.
So at least once a month post a small public message e.g. with an unfinished or censored image of the event you are working.
And at until you begin to have a large number of patrons do not hide the stats (only their number). People usually tend to join easier crowded places (shops, bars, restaurants, etc.).
I don't know if patreon allows a "0$" join-in tier , but if it does at the first 3-4 months you should activate, it in order to attract more people.

wish you best of luck.

• Red Heart

Amorous Dezign

The Lewd Creator
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Amorous Dezign
A little late to the thread but anyway...

First congrats for your game, haven't played yet but looks great.(y):love:

You should take a look at since he is the master in promotion.
Your patreon page is also your advertisement page.
So at least once a month post a small public message e.g. with an unfinished or censored image of the event you are working.
And at until you begin to have a large number of patrons do not hide the stats (only their number). People usually tend to join easier crowded places (shops, bars, restaurants, etc.).
I don't know if patreon allows a "0$" join-in tier , but if it does at the first 3-4 months you should activate, it in order to attract more people.

wish you best of luck.
Thank you so much for the suggestions, honestly I'm having a hard time promoting my game and I know it's too early to expect anything but sometimes it seems an impossible feat.

Reactions: pk2000