How to properly set up a Discord?

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hello guys,
I looked for some guide on the subject and didn't find anything about it, so I decided to open this thread.

How to properly set up a discord?
Of course just founding a server is simple, but I want to know how to do it properly:
  • How to create several useful rooms on your server, each with its own specific purpose?
  • What rooms do you recommend for our type of game, Adult Visual Novels?
  • How to properly link discord roles to Patreon tiers?
Any other advice besides these is also welcome.

Sorry mods if I posted on the wrong forum, I didn't understand which would be the most appropriate forum to ask for such help, so I posted it here.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Creating channels is quite straightworward, once you create the server there's a + button that lets you create new channels within whatever category. You can also create new categories as needed. For what rooms are recommended it's entirely up to how you want to organize it. Personally I loosely based my own off of Ecchi Sensei's discord and just created whatever roles and kept whatever channels suited me. You can also add and delete channels at any time so I'd recommend to keep it fairly simple to start and just add what you need when you need it. As for patreon linking, I never set up tiers in patreon so I'm not entirely sure but I'd assume patreon has a bot that you would add to your server with the appropriate permissions that would then add give roles to the patrons.

Reactions: Thomas Turbating

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Creating channels is quite straightworward, once you create the server there's a + button that lets you create new channels within whatever category. You can also create new categories as needed. For what rooms are recommended it's entirely up to how you want to organize it. Personally I loosely based my own off of Ecchi Sensei's discord and just created whatever roles and kept whatever channels suited me. You can also add and delete channels at any time so I'd recommend to keep it fairly simple to start and just add what you need when you need it. As for patreon linking, I never set up tiers in patreon so I'm not entirely sure but I'd assume patreon has a bot that you would add to your server with the appropriate permissions that would then add give roles to the patrons.
Hmm, I see.
It's kinda personal the roles and rooms that each server will have, right?
Well, thanks for the advice, I'll study the subject a little more and set up my discord. ;)

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
I'm former discord beta tester and veteran discord user.
I recommend this:
Hopefully it will help you.

Reactions: Thomas Turbating