Ren'Py how to remove this from script

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
The attached code doesn't actually deal with that bar.

A quick search, and it seems you're playing The Wish.

In which case, you need to edit the /game/scripts/ui.rpy file to remove any element you don't want shown.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think you're making a mistake by removing all that game/event information... but that's your call.

You could just remove the grey background bar by removing the imagebutton: for the menu/interface_bar.webp image and leave all the other informational text. Though I'm not sure how well that white text will show up against all the full screen images used by the game - which is why the grey background is there in the first place.

qwerty132

Aug 3, 2017
thanks i
The attached code doesn't actually deal with that bar.

A quick search, and it seems you're playing The Wish.

In which case, you need to edit the /game/scripts/ui.rpy file to remove any element you don't want shown.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think you're making a mistake by removing all that game/event information... but that's your call.

You could just remove the grey background bar by removing the imagebutton: for the menu/interface_bar.webp image and leave all the other informational text. Though I'm not sure how well that white text will show up against all the full screen images used by the game - which is why the grey background is there in the first place.
thanks i just didn't want it to be constantly reading the values every time i use self voicing

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Yeah.

Any text can have a number of attributes. One is .
According to the documentation (and I just tested it), if you define some alternate text - it will speak that instead of the main text.

So any line in the definition that uses , you can add alt "" to the end, and it'll use an empty string instead of the actual text (thereby not speaking those lines at all).

There's a couple of places where this sort of stuff impacts the game... so I already went ahead and updated the ones that seemed to me to be the main offenders.
Just grab the attached .zip file and unpack it into the /game/scripts/ folder.
Since the project was marked Complete back in June - I assume I don't need to worry about breaking future releases.