Daz How to show pokies in renders?

kratos1097

Jul 28, 2022
I’m currently very new to Daz, I have been trying to familiarize myself with tools and rendering etc. something that I can’t find enough info on is creating a render where the nipples poke through a model, similar to this. I’ve tried messing with different things but it could just be my inexperience and can’t make the connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 3B40CD19-4A52-4DF6-AF99-774ACEB20B3A.jpeg

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Make sure there are nipples on the character, make sure the clothing item has a smoothing modifier. Most do, if it doesn't you can edit->object->geometry->add smoothing modifier.

Then on the object you can change smoothing iterations. Playing around with this is the very basics of it. If you're having a lot of problems with nipples poking through the shirt, try adding a push modifier (same menu). Then lower it to 0.1 instead of default 1.0. If you're getting too straight edges on the shirt, try increasing render subD level if its 1. You can increase view subd level too but that'll slow down the viewport and have no effect on the render.

kratos1097

Jul 28, 2022
Make sure there are nipples on the character, make sure the clothing item has a smoothing modifier. Most do, if it doesn't you can edit->object->geometry->add smoothing modifier.

Then on the object you can change smoothing iterations. Playing around with this is the very basics of it. If you're having a lot of problems with nipples poking through the shirt, try adding a push modifier (same menu). Then lower it to 0.1 instead of default 1.0. If you're getting too straight edges on the shirt, try increasing render subD level if its 1. You can increase view subd level too but that'll slow down the viewport and have no effect on the render.
Thank you! I will go ahead and mess around with those modifiers! I appreciate the help!