RPGM How to translate a RPGM game

omnimon1

Sep 23, 2018
Hi, I'd like to translate a RPGM Game, Treasure Of Nadia. I've never seen a translation for a RPGM game... Why? Is it possible to translate them?

cgasper

Sep 2, 2017
Translator++ would be one of the simpler tools for translating games made in RPG Maker and Ren'Py.

Now I will not say it's the simplest or best however from what I've messed with it, it felt quite easy to use and straightforward for both manual and machine translation.

After translating you simply replace the files that are within GameFolder -> www -> data with the exported translated files and it should work. There should be tutorials out there what to watch out for etc. you just might have to look around or just search for Translator++ where you should be able to find latest version on this website and prob tutorials too.

Edit: Since this was the first time I heard of Treasure Of Nadia I did a quick try and saw that it has a cinematic at start which would be hard to impossible to translate (if there's any others further in the game) without actually editing the I assume video file itself and someone doing voice acting over it. Or possibly just manually adding subtitles to the video.

Translator++ only allows editing what you would see as a text box in the game so everything else would require editing directly at source.

Last edited:

omnimon1

Sep 23, 2018
Translator++ would be one of the simpler tools for translating games made in RPG Maker and Ren'Py.

Now I will not say it's the simplest or best however from what I've messed with it, it felt quite easy to use and straightforward for both manual and machine translation.

After translating you simply replace the files that are within GameFolder -> www -> data with the exported translated files and it should work. There should be tutorials out there what to watch out for etc. you just might have to look around or just search for Translator++ where you should be able to find latest version on this website and prob tutorials too.

Edit: Since this was the first time I heard of Treasure Of Nadia I did a quick try and saw that it has a cinematic at start which would be hard to impossible to translate (if there's any others further in the game) without actually editing the I assume video file itself and someone doing voice acting over it. Or possibly just manually adding subtitles to the video.

Translator++ only allows editing what you would see as a text box in the game so everything else would require editing directly at source.
Thank you so much! I'll try it