Ren'Py How to trigger an event/scene manually in a Ren’Py game?

BuffLawyer

Sep 30, 2017
So in the old version of Project Sage, there’s a bug that causes an event to be skipped completely. A guy on the thread had sent 2 .rpy files that are supposed to fix it, to see the event naturally without having to trigger the event manually. This fix didn’t work for me so I’m trying to figure out how to trigger said event manually. Or somehow apply the fix successfully so the event can trigger naturally. Appreciate if anyone with coding experience could help me out :)

Link to original post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/project-sage-v0-17a-paperwork.19387/post-4286058

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This fix didn’t work for me
The game haven't been updated since the release of this fix, there's no reason for it to not works. Are you putting the file in the "[path to the game]/game" directory ?

so I’m trying to figure out how to trigger said event manually.
You would have more chance of success by asking this on the thread. After all, it's where the persons who can possibly know the answer are.

BuffLawyer

Sep 30, 2017
The game haven't been updated since the release of this fix, there's no reason for it to not works. Are you putting the file in the "[path to the game]/game" directory ?

You would have more chance of success by asking this on the thread. After all, it's where the persons who can possibly know the answer are.
I already did some time ago. The guy posted this last year so I don’t have high hopes for getting an answer out of anybody, the game and its thread has been dead for far too long. I’m sure I’m putting the files in the correct folder (a.k.a. the “game” folder) since they generate .rpyc files of the same names after I run the game but I still end up having the scene skipped.