Tutorial Unreal Engine How To Uncensor (Almost) Any UE4 Game

DarkDoragon

Sep 17, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: OuterACG

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Well, it seems to work exactly as with UE4, though it still requires forcing the game to run in dx11 mode. I managed to uncensor this game https://f95zone.to/threads/emilias-playroom-final-marmalade-star.135628/ . It ended being similar to the .ini funog1 shared in the thread.

And for some reason it requires these lines to work properly in this particular game.
[System]
allow_create_device=1
He figured out the part I couldn't even start with, the shortcut being in the root folder instead of the binaries folder.
Figured the patch was dead without decompiling. But oh well, now I know for future reference.

I spent roughly an hour trying to figure out how to shader hunt with SpecialK, I got nowhere with it.

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
He figured out the part I couldn't even start with, the shortcut being in the root folder instead of the binaries folder.
UE5 is weird, mainly because devs don't export properly(that game), but weird all the same. If devs keep standard settings there won't be any real modding because of .utoc/.ucas and migoto is going to be the only thing we will be able to use until there is documentation on the new pak'ing methods.

The reason allow_create_device=1 was needed is to allow migoto to force data through a kind of fake dx wrapper to make it work right in the dx11 override. Technically could have run allow_create_device=2 which forces dx11 specifically but 1 is default in the readme ini so it was just copy/paste. :p

Never used SpecialK myself, didn't know it could shader hunt.

Reactions: DarkDoragon

DarkDoragon

Sep 17, 2018
For Emilia's Playroom you can't disable the entire shader, or it will cause visual glitches. SpecialK apparently doesn't have the function of just "selecting" specific objetcs to disable the shader effect, but the entire shader. In 3dmigoto you can do that with [TextureOverride] and the object ib or vb hash.

SpecialK is a bit more cumbersome to hunt shaders, but once you find the correct one, right click > disable shader, and click the button "Store Shader State". It will generate a new .ini file with a list of disabled shaders.

1667413047195.png

Last edited:

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
For Emilia's Playroom you can't disable the entire shader, or it will cause visual glitches. SpecialK apparently doesn't have the function of just "selecting" specific objetcs to disable the shader effect, but the entire shader. In 3dmigoto you can do that with [TextureOverride] and the object ib or vb hash.

SpecialK is a bit more cumbersome to hunt shaders, but once you find the correct one, right click > disable shader, and click the button "Store Shader State". It will generate a new .ini file with a list of disabled shaders.

View attachment 2142103
does this work with dx12? I see the dx11 bar up top, but if it works on 12 I might spend some time on it so people don't have to use a dx11 param in the future. Bigger question is how taxing is it over migoto?

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Bigger question is how taxing is it over migoto?
Hard to say with this game, I've got a very decent machine and this game is a fat tax on my entire system.
Having it loaded, and then removing it from hooking, didn't notice any major drop or gain.

I couldn't even figure out how to get into the render toolkit. Is that something that needs to be downloaded separately?

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
I ran into some trouble working on game.

The mosaic in this game is so unusual. First, here's how the mosaics look normally:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As I'm cycling through the pixel shaders, I find that removing the shader that handles mosaics winds up removing the genitals entirely, as shown below.

By luck, I managed to discover that, as I cycle through the pixel shaders, stopping on one or two layers will cause everything in the game to freeze EXCEPT for the mosaic effect of the penis animation, which will continue to move around on-screen away from the cock texture, leaving it exposed.

So there's DEFINITELY some kind of separation of mosaic effect and the cock model, but I don't know how to remove the mosaic effect without removing the cock model itself.

I've tested the remover on both the hash for the pixel shader that removes the whole cock, as well as the hash for the shader that freezes everything but the mosaic effect. Removing the former leaves her with no cock at all, and removing the latter leads to the game's screen being completely black except for hud menus.

I've cycled through every single layer of every type of shader (vs/hs/ds/gs/ps/cs) but I can only find layers that remove the cock and not just the mosaic part. I'm not smart enough with unreal engine to figure out why this is or how to decensor this.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
I'm not smart enough with unreal engine to figure out why this is or how to decensor this.
This would be a question for funog1
I'm also not quite clever enough to figure out how to use 3Dmigoto to it's full potential.
You should look closely at the uncensor created for this game. It's probably in need of a similar process.
Can't lie, I have very little understanding of what this ini is actually doing.

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
This one stumped me for 3Dmigoto. I would like to make a standard patch for this like I did for this devs other game, but I have had terrible luck making patches for 4.27 lately. The only way I can decensor this thing is to unpack the whole thing and keep the files loose while using a pair of modified mosaic files.
Someday when I get some time off I might be able to look into this deeper, but for now this is all I can manage.

Last edited:
Reactions: OuterACG

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
Yeah this was a later release for this dev probably around the time when DLSite started cracking down on easily removable mosaics in games. Either it was adjusted to be harder to remove, or the dev just packed it weird. I'm flying by the seat of my pants with this shit so I don't really know what's going on, but thanks for looking into it at least. How did you wind up unpacking the files? Pakunpacker?

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
The dev didn't even do anything different, he used the exact same files he used in his other game to censor, just on a newer version of unreal engine that for whatever reason I haven't been able to repack successfully yet...

I use the native Unreal Engine program deep in its files called unrealpak.exe which is used by the engine to do all unpacking/repacking. pair that with obtaining the AES key the dev used to "secure" his .pak and you are set.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
. . . How did you wind up unpacking the files?
" pair that with obtaining the AES key the dev used to "secure" his .pak and you are set. "

Long complex story short, the AES key is loaded into memory when the game is launched.
You can use tools to read the memory and grab the key when it is loaded.
I gave it a try once, definitely beyond my skill set.

Sep 24, 2017
Hey I just found out Reshade coupled with this addon allows you to disable any shaders in a game including mosaic. I've already successfully uncensored a couple of UE4 and Unity games with ease.

Here's an example of how it works in this :
owakin.jpg

It's very easy to use especially if you're already familiar with Reshade. Full tutorial is included in the addon readme.txt and there's also a However it seems you have to toggle it off with the hotkey every time you start the game, which is the only downside I've found.

Reactions: Prick and F95phex

farom

Nov 13, 2020
Any idea how to do this on RJ392197? When I tried it Windows told me I could not open the shipping.exe shortcut.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Is there a way to use MTL in Unreal Engine, like ReiPatcher for Unity?
AFAIK, no. Haven't ever heard of one.
Someone else may chime in.

There are definitely ways to load mods, or "sideload". But I think localization has to be done through the developers end. Or by cracking the AES key and modifying the game files directly.