How to unpack a game written in Haxe?

Good_Anonymous

Oct 23, 2017
I wanted to climb the game (and translate it into Russian and possibly Japanese), but I do not know how to unpack it.

As I understood, Haxe(to be more precise, HaxeFlixel) and Neko were used. The game seems to have been made through FlashDevelop.

Can someone help me unpack the game files?

Update: I am specifically interested in the main version, not the flash.

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I'd try , it looks like it can easily unpack an SWF.
It's open source. (Edit) The zip version needs Java to be installed separately, I don't know how the Windows version works.

JPEXS can find strings and edit scripts via its internal editor.
Some strings of Thirstchasm can be found in the files of the folder "binaryData". Just right-click on them, choose "Export selection", edit them externally (they are basically text files: JSON, XML), then right-click on them again and choose "Replace..."
Once done, click File » Save and JPEXS will rebuild the SWF for you. It can even embed the SWF into an EXE.
Press F6 to test the game on the fly. The first time, you must tell JPEXS where your local copy of Flash Player is (you can download one from ).

JPEXS.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Good_Anonymous

Good_Anonymous

Oct 23, 2017
Thank you, I didn't know about "binaryData". Although I have already climbed in the flash version using JPEXS.

It's my mistake that I didn't specify a specific version in the question.
The flash version was sorted out, now it's still interesting how to open the main version.