How to update my game on the thread that firts I posted my release?

wannacreate3darts

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2020
like this I wanna update my game first episode to second episode..
should I make new post for next update or this thread can be updated to my new episode Please I'm new help me.

1608510575254.png

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Since you "own" the original thread, you should just be able to update it yourself.

This is assumption on my part, but should be close enough...

Upload your new version of the game to as many hosting companies as you can. Then update all the download links to point at the new links. Update the changelog spoiler if like. Update the title of the thread, that sort of stuff. Just make sure you keep the style of the post the same.

Then... report your own post to the moderators to ask them to flag it to appear on the "Latest Updates" section of the forum.

You might then want to post something new to the thread to announce the release of your next version. (Which you'd probably do anyway, if you didn't own the thread).

As far as I know, you'd have to create all the download links yourself. But there is an "uploader" team too, I just don't know how you contact them. But if they could help, you could perhaps just temporarily upload one new version of each game variant (PC/Mac/Android) to one hosting site, then let them create all the "real" links on each of their preferred hosting sites.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As owner of the thread, you have an "edit" button at the bottom left of its first post.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Use it to edit the said post in order to make it face the new state of the game and update the links.

Then, once it's done, look this time at the top right of the same first post. You'll see a "..." button, and when you click on it an "edit thread" button.
Use it to, this time, change the title of the thread, to make it reflect the new version of the game. Since it's in the "game" section, this should make it appear on the "last updated" list.

But be aware that, while you have (almost) all the rights over this post, it doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want with it. There's rules and good practices to follow :
  • Do not remove all the links to the update.
    A thread in the game section MUST have at least a link to the last update.
  • As game author you don't have the obligation to provide alternate host.
    Therefore, once you've updated the thread click on the "report" button, saying that it's an update. A uploader should then take care of the alternate host.
  • Clean the links.
    If there's a Android and/or compressed version made by a third person, the links will be obsolete, because regarding the previous version. Therefore, remove the links, but keep their text. For this, click on the link, and choose the button on the right.
  • Update the "Change log" part section.
    It's not mandatory, but it's nice for the readers.
  • Change only what really need to be changed.
    Normally, it regard only the version number, release time, change log, and links.
  • The "edit thread" button is only for the major updates.
    If it's a bug fix or just a change in the content of the post, do not use it, and change the thread title directly from the "edit" button at the bottom.

I'm not a moderator, nor a uploader, so there's perhaps others rules, but I don't think so. Anyway, except for the part regarding the "edit thread" button, it's just common sense ; don't mess with the post and respect the readers.

Know that if you are doing really bad things, like removing all the links by example, two things will happen : Firstly you'll lost the ownership of the thread, and secondly the staff will looks at the history of this message to restore the links.
Said otherwise, you'll just achieve to lost the few privilege you had regarding the thread of your game, and annoy the staff.

wannacreate3darts

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2020
As owner of the thread, you have an "edit" button at the bottom left of its first post.
Use it to edit the said post in order to make it face the new state of the game and update the links.

Then, once it's done, look this time at the top right of the same first post. You'll see a "..." button, and when you click on it an "edit thread" button.
Use it to, this time, change the title of the thread, to make it reflect the new version of the game. Since it's in the "game" section, this should make it appear on the "last updated" list.

But be aware that, while you have (almost) all the rights over this post, it doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want with it. There's rules and good practices to follow :
  • Do not remove all the links to the update.
    A thread in the game section MUST have at least a link to the last update.
  • As game author you don't have the obligation to provide alternate host.
    Therefore, once you've updated the thread click on the "report" button, saying that it's an update. A uploader should then take care of the alternate host.
  • Clean the links.
    If there's a Android and/or compressed version made by a third person, the links will be obsolete, because regarding the previous version. Therefore, remove the links, but keep their text. For this, click on the link, and choose the button on the right.
  • Update the "Change log" part section.
    It's not mandatory, but it's nice for the readers.
  • Change only what really need to be changed.
    Normally, it regard only the version number, release time, change log, and links.
  • The "edit thread" button is only for the major updates.
    If it's a bug fix or just a change in the content of the post, do not use it, and change the thread title directly from the "edit" button at the bottom.

I'm not a moderator, nor a uploader, so there's perhaps others rules, but I don't think so. Anyway, except for the part regarding the "edit thread" button, it's just common sense ; don't mess with the post and respect the readers.

Know that if you are doing really bad things, like removing all the links by example, two things will happen : Firstly you'll lost the ownership of the thread, and secondly the staff will looks at the history of this message to restore the links.
Said otherwise, you'll just achieve to lost the few privilege you had regarding the thread of your game, and annoy the staff.
Thank You so much man...............