How to use given save files?

FatManChild

Jan 10, 2020
I use winrar to open all the files I download here. I see people giving saves in the comments but I can't add them anywhere on winrar. I have no idea where to start, am I missing some program or process? I'm new to this whole process, and any and all help will be appreciated. Note: I don't play renpy games, I think their process is different but I'm not totally sure

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If they are compressed, most likely are .7z files which winrar does not support by default. Use instead that supports everything.

If they are not compressed then you just have to drop them in the appropriate save file location depending on the game.

FatManChild

Jan 10, 2020
Hmm, you're extracting the games from the archive before playing them, right ?
I'm new to all this terminology, but if you mean download and then open the files then yes.

Let me say what my current predicament is. I downloaded Milky Quest 2 and a save file and I'd like to add it to the game file. The save file is in its own winrar file I have to open to access. However I don't know how to add it and where it should go.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'm new to all this terminology, but if you mean download and then open the files then yes.
Once you've opened the file, you have to click on the "extract To" icon, then select the path where the content of the archive will be extracted. It's from this path that you've to play the game, and also from this path that you've to apply what Meaning less said above.