Daz How to use iray with imported .obj file in DAZ

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I needed a plane interior for a couple of scenes and was not able to find any available for daz studio.
So I downloaded a free .obj file, added custom colors and textures and the result is correct, but it does not render properly with iray.

I attach a 3delight and an iray render. The images are small, but should be sufficient to see the problem (and the render of this 240x135 image already required 20mn with 3delight).
With 3delight (left), the render requires some tweaking, but is globally decent.
While in iray (right), the custom material (and even the face/body) are insanely overexposed.
Both renders are done with exactly the same lighting/camera.

I probably missed an important step to adapt the texture to iray, but I am a noob in daz...

plane-3delight.jpg plane-iray.jpg

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Is the glass using a 3DL shader? Have you tried using an Iray shader on it?

As for a plane interior,

Reactions: lancelotdulak

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I needed a plane interior for a couple of scenes and was not able to find any available for daz studio.
So I downloaded a free .obj file, added custom colors and textures and the result is correct, but it does not render properly with iray.

I attach a 3delight and an iray render. The images are small, but should be sufficient to see the problem (and the render of this 240x135 image already required 20mn with 3delight).
With 3delight (left), the render requires some tweaking, but is globally decent.
While in iray (right), the custom material (and even the face/body) are insanely overexposed.
Both renders are done with exactly the same lighting/camera.

I probably missed an important step to adapt the texture to iray, but I am a noob in daz...

View attachment 619467 View attachment 619470
Is the glass using a 3DL shader? Have you tried using an Iray shader on it?

As for a plane interior,

You're fucking killing me, man!

Jumbo Jet VIP Expanded for Iray
i13 Jet Bundle