How to work with a model in Daz for storytelling?

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to tell a story but find it difficult to figure out how to structure the character.

- Should I create her naked, then add genitals and hd nipples etc and then add layers of clothes?

- Should I remove underwear to avoid clipping? (I have meshgrabber but it's still not a great solution as it creates weird bendings on the cloth.)

- How do I squeeze her breasts to get them inside clothes? I can't find a morph that does that and I don't like to touch to many morphs to avoid forgetting how to undo it.

- If I want to use "real pussy" or "breastacular", how can I use different textures from different characters instead of the Genesis 8 one and not have wrongly coloured areas?

- If I added one pose to a character. Do I have to reset the character if I want to continue animating the character into a different pose? How do I do that?

Thanks in advance! I'd really appreciate your advice as DAZ studio is quite overwhelming sometimes.

HIGP

Aug 22, 2020
- Should I create her naked, then add genitals and hd nipples etc and then add layers of clothes? YES but don't use layers of clothes. Split top and bottom part. Don't use panties under pants for example.

- Should I remove underwear to avoid clipping? (I have meshgrabber but it's still not a great solution as it creates weird bendings on the cloth.) Same concept. don't use layers of clothes

- How do I squeeze her breasts to get them inside clothes? I can't find a morph that does that and I don't like to touch to many morphs to avoid forgetting how to undo it. Fit Control for Genesis 8 will solve your issue.

- If I want to use "real pussy" or "breastacular", how can I use different textures from different characters instead of the Genesis 8 one and not have wrongly coloured areas? Both of them have copy material preset to copy the character material.

- If I added one pose to a character. Do I have to reset the character if I want to continue animating the character into a different pose? How do I do that?
Immagine 2022-12-13 031338.png
You can do this for singular body parts or full character

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lobbly

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
HIGP Thank you soooo much! :) You're a lifesaver!

Both of them have copy material preset to copy the character material.
And how do you avoid it from using the Genesis 8 standard texture for this instead of the one from the character?

HIGP

Aug 22, 2020
HIGP Thank you soooo much! :) You're a lifesaver!

And how do you avoid it from using the Genesis 8 standard texture for this instead of the one from the character?
It will automatically use the material applied to the character when you click on "copy material" so it doesn't matter with material you applied to the char itself :D
If you have doubts just ask

Lobbly

Feb 23, 2019
It will automatically use the material applied to the character when you click on "copy material" so it doesn't matter with material you applied to the char itself :D
If you have doubts just ask
Thank you so much. I looked into it furter and it turned out to be a problem that only appears while using certain characters like Hitomi.