How was Waifu Academy created with use of Honey Select?

Lucas213

Oct 4, 2020
Hi,

Waifu Academy has inspired me and I'm very much interested in getting into creating my very own Adult Noval, however I'm stuck between what tool to use to make this project happen, and the one thing that's bothering me is scenes. How did the dev go about having Honey Select models in a well-built scene? From my understanding, you can export Honey Select models into Daz Studio or Blender, but it's a very troublesome process, right? Or has that changed?

I'm aware Honey Select has a Studio side where you can load in props and such - Is that what was used to create the game scenery? I have no interest in using Daz3D because I have already devoted much of my time into Blender and another piece of 3D software isn't on my priority list.

If it doesn't work out then I can use RPG Maker and still use Honey Select models.

Thanks in advance.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'm aware Honey Select has a Studio side where you can load in props and such - Is that what was used to create the game scenery?
Probably with the help of some mods, and potentially some post works, but yes it's what he used.

If it doesn't work out then I can use RPG Maker and still use Honey Select models.
I don't understand the question :/ If what don't work out, using Honey Studio ? You'll have to use it whatever the engine you'll later use for the game itself.

Reactions: Lucas213

Lucas213

Oct 4, 2020
I don't understand the question :/ If what don't work out, using Honey Studio ? You'll have to use it whatever the engine you'll later use for the game itself.
Sorry, what I was trying to say if I'm struggling with Daz3D, I can use RPGM engine and include Honey Select images and/or clips.

From what I've seen there are very few scenery mods for interior and exterior. I think it would be far more efficient to use RPGM and I can use 3D environment with Honey Select when entering a house or bedroom.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Sorry, what I was trying to say if I'm struggling with Daz3D, I can use RPGM engine and include Honey Select images and/or clips.

From what I've seen there are very few scenery mods for interior and exterior. I think it would be far more efficient to use RPGM and I can use 3D environment with Honey Select when entering a house or bedroom.
You can do that even if you don't struggle with Daz3D.
The game engine and the way you'll create the CGs for the game are totally independent. And while there's less scenery possibilities for Honey Select, many games using it come with enough variety. It's anyway easier to do this with Honey Select, since they are just image that you put on the background ; therefore any image can do it.

Reactions: Lucas213