GeneralFapimus

May 14, 2017
Great game. I'm interested to see if 2D art would get implemented for the Dom route, and if the 2D art would end up getting some gifs as well.

Reactions: jungmonk

JustinTime847

Jan 30, 2021
Anyone know what’s happening with the author? The last update they gave was on Halloween, and they said the next version was coming out soon.

NoodleJacuzzi

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
NoodleJacuzzi Is this still being developed. Apologies if its rude to ask.
The game's not abandoned, just life stuff going nuts mixed with burnout on HAA. I have lots of games so when one drains me I shift to working on something else for a bit until I inevitably come back.
My Patreon got banned so I also need to do marketing for myself and my games to get back to a living wage, which isn't very fun.

Still, sorry I take so long on updating. I'll come back to HAA sometime, hopefully soon! If only because people in my discord keep asking "Hey noodle, hey noodle, when's penis inspection day?"

Sep 27, 2020
The game's not abandoned, just life stuff going nuts mixed with burnout on HAA. I have lots of games so when one drains me I shift to working on something else for a bit until I inevitably come back.
My Patreon got banned so I also need to do marketing for myself and my games to get back to a living wage, which isn't very fun.

Still, sorry I take so long on updating. I'll come back to HAA sometime, hopefully soon! If only because people in my discord keep asking "Hey noodle, hey noodle, when's penis inspection day?"
No worries I totally understand. I went to your website to see you have a bunch of games. Fun stuff. I'll check out hentai uni soon. Also the ai gens for syrup village were great! Is that a game you are also developing?

Reactions: NoodleJacuzzi

NoodleJacuzzi

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
No worries I totally understand. I went to your website to see you have a bunch of games. Fun stuff. I'll check out hentai uni soon. Also the ai gens for syrup village were great! Is that a game you are also developing?
Yes it is!

For multiple months I was stuck in a rut because of how hard HAA is to write because the app's limitations don't really breed creativity, and it's sheer openness to a reality changing app means a lot of feeling like potentially missed opportunity costs. Characters in HAA are also very blank slates as well. I missed multiple months of releases because I couldn't manage to force myself to get past writers block, or there was some huge bug caused by the older code.

I ended up procrastinating by experimenting with AI or developing new game engines/features. When under stress working on some fresh mechanical thing is easier for me than trying to write, which is how Syrup Town is so fully formed already:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But I felt bad about posting any of that new progress on Argent Science and Syrup Town, as I'd be betraying everyone still waiting for the next human alteration app update, so I'd stay up late but still make no progress and the poor sleep schedule would just make me even less productive, all while staying radio silent. It was a very unhealthy mindset, and in January I decided to pause HAA to just try and get anything out at all. It worked out though, I'm very glad I have an audience that's stuck around even though I was so silent for so long. I'm also glad that the rut left me working on something else instead of it forcing me to just lie in bed, I know that happens to a lot of game devs.

With Patreon kicking me off I could use a big win so that I don't need to worry about money, so I'm hoping Syrup Town will be popular. Marketing myself around is something I'm very bad at, making posts on reddit and joining new discords to advertise myself is hard for me, etc. I really appreciate everyone's patience with me!

Sep 27, 2020
Yes it is!

For multiple months I was stuck in a rut because of how hard HAA is to write because the app's limitations don't really breed creativity, and it's sheer openness to a reality changing app means a lot of feeling like potentially missed opportunity costs. Characters in HAA are also very blank slates as well. I missed multiple months of releases because I couldn't manage to force myself to get past writers block, or there was some huge bug caused by the older code.

I ended up procrastinating by experimenting with AI or developing new game engines/features. When under stress working on some fresh mechanical thing is easier for me than trying to write, which is how Syrup Town is so fully formed already:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But I felt bad about posting any of that new progress on Argent Science and Syrup Town, as I'd be betraying everyone still waiting for the next human alteration app update, so I'd stay up late but still make no progress and the poor sleep schedule would just make me even less productive, all while staying radio silent. It was a very unhealthy mindset, and in January I decided to pause HAA to just try and get anything out at all. It worked out though, I'm very glad I have an audience that's stuck around even though I was so silent for so long. I'm also glad that the rut left me working on something else instead of it forcing me to just lie in bed, I know that happens to a lot of game devs.

With Patreon kicking me off I could use a big win so that I don't need to worry about money, so I'm hoping Syrup Town will be popular. Marketing myself around is something I'm very bad at, making posts on reddit and joining new discords to advertise myself is hard for me, etc. I really appreciate everyone's patience with me!
Wow syrup village looks awesome! I started reading the imagechest post and couldn't stop. I can't wait to play. The hyena chick is hot shame she isn't core.

In terms of the human Alt I wonder if ppl care that much but maybe I'm just too chill. Lol

You should make a thread on f95 about this game too. Also consider Kofi, subscribestar, and itich.io as alternative revenue streams.

Reactions: NoodleJacuzzi
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes