VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Human Cargo [v1.0] [Rob Colton]

1. 2.00 star(s)

minibw

This is kind of an archetypal visual novel, which is both really good and kinda disappointing.

There's a lot of great art here, a lot of great characters with very nuanced writing and hot interactions. Romance, fluff, kink, it's all here.

However, my problem with the game is the same as it's been through the entire dev process: this isn't a "game." All of the interactivity is basically fake. There's only one real choice you'll make that ever matters here, and that's which character you decide to help when you first meet the crew, which will set your romance path in stone and nothing else here actually affects anything whatsoever. Any dialogue options, which are pretty sparse in the first place, are just different ways to get to the same result and the entire rest of the game is just clicking through the bountiful text. Your character might be asked their opinion on something, only to change their mind about it a couple lines later. You can literally try your utmost to derail your romance or click choices that seem like they might put off your partner, and the game will still just force you back into things, your choices amounting to either "Yes!" or "Maybe...but actually yes!"

There's one single option to "fail" the game early on, which is ironically just a very arbitrary "Do you wanna go right or left?" sort of option except one of them randomly leads a bad end, which you'll just mousewheel back on anyway. Weirdly, there are a couple of scenes later in the story where your character or their lover might be in genuine danger, but it's all completely linear and scripted and so there are no actual stakes at all.

There's still some good stuff here and I would definitely recommend the VN to anyone wanting some sweet M/M fun times, but I can't help but be disappointed that there's just so many fake choices here, which is basically my least favorite thing in a game.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Arufuredo

very very nice... cute drawings... short stories but very nice. I made all the endings, I would have liked more time to spend with the characters to fall in love, but the moment you began to understand how they were went quickly to the end, for the rest a job well done nice drawings even the choices, I would have spied on them more in the shower :p but okay